UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Sep 2019, 9:34 pm   #1
govjohn
Pentode

Default Levell TG200MP Audio oscillator

Hi, does anyone have any idea where I can get hold of any service information or even the circuit diagram for a Levell TG200MP audio oscillator? Information on this is completly absent! There is one Picture only on Radio Museum. The pity is that this is a supprisingly nice piece of gear for Levell, and it would benefit from being re-callibrated. I hope someone can Help, John.
Old 6th Sep 2019, 12:00 am   #2
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: Levell TG200MP Audio oscillator

I don't know what the D signifies
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=27402
Old 6th Sep 2019, 6:06 am   #3
barrymagrec
Octode

I think D meant it had the square wave option.
Old 6th Sep 2019, 12:00 pm   #4
WME_bill
Octode

Levell TG200 audio oscillator.
There is quite a lot of information about various Levell instruments here on this forum. It pays to search here first, rather than rely on our Swiss/German Museum friends for information on Test Equipment.
I see the copy of the manual I provided in 2008/9 is still quoted.
To save you searching, I attach another copy of the full service manual, which also explains the significance of the DMP model numbers. Barrymagrec is quite right.
wme_bill m0wpn
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Levell_TG200DMP AF oscillator_wm.pdf (781.1 KB, 125 views)
Old 8th Sep 2019, 11:17 am   #5
govjohn
Pentode

Thanks all for the assistance in getting the the service manual for this oscillator, the collective knowledge available from all the members of this forum is amazing.
John.
Old 10th Sep 2019, 10:31 am   #6
Oldmadham
Pentode

Smile Re: Levell TG200MP Audio oscillator

I have one these, which I picked it up at a local Hamfest, except it's the one without the meter.

The seller said the Levell was beyond repair, but it was in a nice leather case which I could "maybe use for something", so I bought it for $A4.

When I opened it, I found that it used four Eveready 276 9 v batteries.(the ones with the "press stud" connectors).
These were badly corroded, as were the connectors.

That battery package wasn't ever sold in Oz (we had the 276P with the bakelite socket on top), so it looked like my little Levell had been brought here all the way from the UK, & the previous owner had never changed the batteries since.
For shame!

The only 9v batteries available here these days are the small ones we use in DMMs, pocket radios, etc, so I had to buy some battery holders for AA cells, & connect them up.

Well, when I turned it on, the Levell went like a charm, & I was very happy with it, till I had an enforced break from Electronics, (due to a Total Knee Replacement) & when I looked at it next, the AAs had all corroded, killing the holders.

After criticising the previous owner for the same thing, I was pretty much "Hoist with my own petard!"

I'm quite sure, however, that once I fit the new holders & batteries, It will come back as good as new!
Closed Thread