UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Apr 2016, 4:16 pm   #21
crackle
Rest in Peace

Default Re: KB Kobra 305 TRF radio

A correction to the valve line up, it should have been 41MHL HL4 ML4 DW2.
I cant read my notes.
Old 8th Apr 2016, 4:33 pm   #22
GeoffK
Heptode

Good pictures, interesting that the green and white wires from the large coil look quite modern compared with the rest of the wiring, some of the rubber covered wiring could be at risk of shorting inside the cableform. C7 and C9 could be replaced with new capacitors, keeping the disconnected originals in place.
Old 8th Apr 2016, 4:48 pm   #23
crackle
Rest in Peace

Oh I should have mentioned that, there was some rubber wiring that had crumbled, including the wiring for the wander plugs and to the adjustable coupling coil inside the large coil pack. These had to be replaced, so yes they do look a bit clean and modern.
The rest of the wiring was cloth covered, much of it was laced up neatly into a wiring loom, and this has been left in place.
I had thought that the shorting wiring in the coil pack may have contributed to the Speaker coil burning out. That was before I found out that the speaker coil was across the HT.
Mike

P.S.
C7 & C9 are mica and were left in place. or have I made a mistake on a drawing somewhere.
The metal can caps C10 & C11 tested OK on a leakage test so have been left in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	variable inductor .jpg
Views:	89
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	122514  

Last edited by crackle; 8th Apr 2016 at 4:57 pm.
Old 8th Apr 2016, 8:03 pm   #24
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackle View Post
A correction to the valve line up, it should have been 41MHL HL4 ML4 DW2.
I cant read my notes.
Mike sent me a replacement document correcting this error which is now in post #16.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread