UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Oct 2018, 11:12 am   #21
NorfolkDaveUK
Banned

Default Re: Tandberg 3000x annoying problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by See_Mos View Post
OK, it sounds as if it is going unstable and oscillating.

Turn the output level controls right down then scoping R112 and R212 then R106, R206 should show which stage is oscillating.

The common decoupling capacitor is C104 for the first stage and C300 on the power supply for the second but more likely is another bad connection at a cable screen or earth point.

Edit, just noticed that your circuit is completely different to the ones that I have. Can you scan the whole circuit and add it as a PDF?
here is the complete manual ...

Dang its too big ....give me a couple mins
Old 10th Oct 2018, 11:37 am   #22
NorfolkDaveUK
Banned

I cant seem to do anything with this manual to make it smaller. Could you perhaps grab it from hfe (hifi engine ?) I dont mean to be a pain ...

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li...rg/3000x.shtml
Old 10th Oct 2018, 12:18 pm   #23
NorfolkDaveUK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by See_Mos View Post
Cancel all references to components. My number dyslexia has kicked in and I have been looking at the 3400 series instead of 3041
hehe ....I`ve done that many a time . lol .
Old 10th Oct 2018, 1:19 pm   #24
See_Mos
Hexode

No problem, I found it at HIFI Engine, one of my favorite sites for audio manuals. I can't believe I got the models mixed up. My first Tandberg was a 6041X brand new from Comet.

Having looked at the correct circuit I can see that the general outline is pretty much the same with the radio and line inputs attenuated and then fed to the mic inputs.

Each of the sensitive stages has its own decoupling capacitor, the only common decoupling capacitors is for the supply to emitter followers, C511 in the DC voltage regulator.

The only other common thing that I see is again the screened leads on the input side
Old 10th Oct 2018, 1:29 pm   #25
NorfolkDaveUK
Banned

Indeed. I`ll have another crack in a few mins I`m just finishing up another one that just needed a re-cap . C511 is ok because I replaced it . I`ll keep at it , I`m sure its just another wire somewhere playing silly beggers .
Old 11th Oct 2018, 10:07 am   #26
See_Mos
Hexode

About 1972 when I was looking for a good machine the 3000x series cost about £100 and the 6000x about £200.

I have several items of Tandberg ephemera from the time including this review which I think came from HiFi News.

Scanned at 300 DPI. If you would like a hires copy PM your email.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3000X review.pdf (511.7 KB, 96 views)
Old 11th Oct 2018, 10:27 am   #27
NorfolkDaveUK
Banned

hehe thats brilliant . £99 was a bucket load of cash in 1972 . it is a great sounding machine when its doing what it should for sure .
Closed Thread