UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 28th May 2019, 10:40 am   #21
mark2collection
Hexode

Default Re: Bush DAC90A, Write-off to Worker in no easy steps.

Thank you all again for your kind words, meanwhile, I've been recreating another label for these sets, a nice touch to complete the restoration.

A colleague at work had also acquired a DAC90A which had seemingly, a factory fitted label with it. It was in very poor condition (label & radio), the label being just about legible.

Needless to say, attached, a photo of said new label creation, & a PDF for printing onto A4. The string & hole reinforcements were 'rescued' from a used/modern/scrap label.

I used slightly thicker/darker paper from Hobbycraft (just a happy customer) & printed. You'll end up with eight labels, the easiest way to make the holes, once the labels were trimmed to size, I removed the base of my hole-punch & aligned the label crosshair with the hole, in the base of the hole-punch.

Not sure if these labels were originally glued inside the set, or tied to the back.

Hopefully these, along with the calibration labels above, prove useful in other success stories.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Label.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	184003  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bush Radio Labels - Copy.pdf (198.6 KB, 125 views)