UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 4th May 2008, 9:28 pm   #21
BGmidsUK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: NVCF 2008 - 11th May

I too would like to get hold of some caps - I really need to build a stock of components! The stuff I have from modern electronics isn't exactly suitable

Another reason not to miss this event

BG
Old 6th May 2008, 11:09 am   #22
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

It's getting very close. NVCF2008 is less than a week away on Sunday 11th May.

The special exhibit of Mechanical Music will be in the display area under the mezzanine. There will be music boxes, roller organs and much more. There will also be a large fairground organ playing outside to entertain you on the way in and out.

If the last time you came to the NVCF was when it was in Birmingham please remember that car parking is free and close to the hall.

If you've booked a stall you should already have your tickets. If not, then contact Guy Peskett, details on http://www.nvcf.org.uk/

Dave Moll will be running the bring and buy stall. If you've got just a few items to sell this is the place to do it with just 10% commission. If you want to be generous to the Vintage Wireless Museum then you can donate items to be sold on the B&B stall. 100% of proceeds will go to the Museum.

I'll be helping Dave when I can but I'm sure he'll appreciate other offers.

Please make sure that you actually collect stuff you have bought. If you're selling something please check that it has actually been sold and remove it if it hasn't. If anything is left on the B&B (for sale or for collection) at the end of the day we can take no responsibility for it. We will not be amused if it's big and heavy - we are not a rubbish disposal service.

Within reason, the B&B stall can also be used as a drop and collect point for forum courier services. Please label it clearly (who it's from and who it's going to) to make sure we don't sell it by accident.

Look forward to seeing lots of you there. Since many of us only know each other though our forum names let's try to wear badges with both our real and forum names.

http://www.nvcf.org.uk/
Old 6th May 2008, 11:36 am   #23
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppppenguin View Post
Within reason, the B&B stall can also be used as a drop and collect point for forum courier services. Please label it clearly (who it's from and who it's going to) to make sure we don't sell it by accident.
I can provide (post-it type) labels for this purpose. As I have a multi-coloured block of them, I can use a different colour to distinguish these items from those on sale.
Old 6th May 2008, 6:25 pm   #24
murphymad
Heptode

Hi All,

The Capacitors will be available from the BVWS stall as per last year.

%%%%% REMINDER %%%%%

All BVWS members, Please make sure you bring your membership card with you and show it at the cash desk to gain your £1 restaurant voucher.

NO CARD - NO VOUCHER !

The guys in the cash booth do not have time to check who you are...
We intend to make entry to the hall as fast as possible so please don't delay others.

All Stallholders please note:

The hall owners are likely to have an external fire officer on site this weekend.
This means we will be checked very carefully for items being put in front or at sides of stalls that may be deamed as blocking the gang ways.

We are not allowed to open for early entry until a full tour of the site has been completed so PLEASE PLEASE when setting up your table be mindful of this, and that I may ask you to move things to keep the fire officer happy.
I will be putting out Tannoy messages to this effect on the morning, but it will make everything go smoother if we don't have to shift things around.

There were only 15 stalls left when I spoke to Guy Peskett last week, and some of those were ear marked, so if you still want a stall, but have not yet booked, then you need to contact Guy as soon as possible.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

I hope you all have a very good day and find those things you have been searching for.

Regards,

Mike...
Old 7th May 2008, 7:47 am   #25
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

I know I shouldn't mention it (might incur the wrath of the rain gods) but the weather forecast looks excellent for the NVCF.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...t_weather.html
Old 7th May 2008, 9:15 pm   #26
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Looking forward to it immensely!

Is there a limit to the number of items an individual member can leave at the "Bring and Buy" stall? I've got 3-4 small items put by so far, maybe more. Is there anything we can do in terms of labelling etc to make Dave and his helpers' lives easier?

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts
Old 7th May 2008, 9:19 pm   #27
Tamlamotown
Retired Dormant Member

Smile Nvcf

Hi Steve & Andy,

Do you have a table at the NVCF this Sunday? I have one its stall no, W40, hope to see you there.

Keep on reeling

Vic

Last edited by Mike Phelan; 8th May 2008 at 8:32 am. Reason: Moved to correct section and thread
Old 7th May 2008, 9:37 pm   #28
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Within reason you can bring any number of items but it's really intended for just a few. If somebody turned up with the equivalent of a stall's worth we might not be too happy. Half a dozen small items is fine.

If you label them clearly with a description, price and your name then that helps the folks running the stall.
Old 8th May 2008, 8:03 am   #29
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Since the special exhibit at this year's NVCF is Mechanical Music I thought you might like to see some of the fun we get up to at the Player Piano Group. http://www.pianolasociety.com/ We will have a stall at the NVCF but unfortunately not a pianola. There's only a couple of guys who could have brought one and neither could come.

The PPG had its AGM last weekend at the St Albans Organ Museum http://www.stalbansorganmuseum.org.uk/

We had much musical entertainment including Len Rawle, one of the UK's leading theatre organists, at the Wurlitzer organ. For a couple of numbers he was joined by Adam Ramet at the piano. Here's a clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXlz8NFXf6E

Other MM organisations will also be there on the day with their own instruments. The fairground organ folks (FOPS) will have the biggest instrument, playing outside the hall. The barrel organ fraternity (BOGA) will have a couple of strolling players. The muscial box enthusiasts (MBSGB) will be out in force showing that their interests are far wider than their name suggests.
Old 8th May 2008, 11:07 am   #30
Paul Stenning
Administrator

I will be on door security for the setup from 7am, so I am staying at the Rugby Dunchurch Travelodge (about 7.5 miles away) on Saturday night.

Is anyone else staying in the same area and fancies meeting up for a drink and chat on Saturday evening?

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 8th May 2008, 12:00 pm   #31
murphymad
Heptode

Hi All,

I've just been contacted by the owners of the exhibition centre who have received a call from an unknown person who thought the show was cancelled.

THE NVCF IS DEFINATELY NOT REPEAT NOT CANCELLED !!!!!

Everything is in order for an excellent day with fine weather and a full house!

I look forward to seeing you all there,

Mike...
Old 8th May 2008, 12:02 pm   #32
murphymad
Heptode

For those with Sat nav's the post code of the exhibition centre is

CV31 1XN

mike...
Old 8th May 2008, 1:43 pm   #33
murphymad
Heptode

Hi All,

Just to let everyone know, All available stalls at the NVCF on Sunday have now been filled.

Mike...
Old 8th May 2008, 2:18 pm   #34
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

If you are bringing stuff for the Bring and Buy you can help us by using these forms to list your items for sale. ALso label each item with the price and corresponding number on the form. If you think this will give duplicate numbers you are 100% correct but we'll solve that on the day by adding a prefix letter, unique to each person who has used this method.

The FOR_SALE document is for donations to the museum, the other is the standard listing.
Attached Files
File Type: doc FOR SALE.doc (19.5 KB, 74 views)
File Type: doc bring_and_buy.doc (104.5 KB, 68 views)
Old 8th May 2008, 3:44 pm   #35
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppppenguin View Post
If you are bringing stuff for the Bring and Buy you can help us by using these forms to list your items for sale.
Please note that, unless you are entering more than 34 items(), you only need to print the first page of the bring and buy form.
Old 9th May 2008, 8:31 am   #36
Duke_Nukem
Octode

Just in case there is anybody who can not open MS Word files attached are some PDF equivalents.

TTFN,
Jon
Attached Files
File Type: pdf bring_and_buy.pdf (19.1 KB, 70 views)
File Type: pdf FOR SALE.pdf (9.4 KB, 78 views)
Old 9th May 2008, 5:19 pm   #37
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Late reminder.........

Packing the car I seem to be taking a lot of stuff to the NVCF, both for me and for others. I hope I haven't forgotten anything. Have you remembered everything?

Look forward to seeing lots of you there.
Old 10th May 2008, 1:32 pm   #38
m didier
Retired Dormant Member

Hello does the bring and buy stall start at early entry please and is early entry at 9 am

martin
Old 10th May 2008, 1:45 pm   #39
Dave Moll
Dekatron

I am working on the assumption the the Bring & Buy opens for business at 10:30 - at least as far as selling is concerned.
Old 10th May 2008, 3:23 pm   #40
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Early entry is 9am, assuming all the stalls are set up and the fire officer is happy that gang ways are clear etc (see post #24).

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread