UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Apr 2021, 8:55 pm   #1
Julesomega
Nonode

Default Sterne Clyne amplifier kits

Rob has correctly identified the PSU module I have recently offered on the 'offers' forum, now allocated and closed. I had thought it powered a little microphone amplifier

My dad bought one when we moved in the mid 1950s. The artless connection of clear PVC mains wire confirms the modules were bought ready assembled and home wired. I vaguely recall a vinyl control panel and black knobs that continued the golden colour scheme, and how the gold brights dropped off all the time. I think the power amplifier was about 5W mono, maybe I pulled it apart for all the rare components, and the PSU was just too useful to part out..

Looking through the Knob box, what should I find
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mic Amp PSU.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	231859   Click image for larger version

Name:	Golden knob.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	231860  

It's good here
Old 16th Apr 2021, 3:00 pm   #2
bileaflet_valve
Tetrode

Default Re: Sterne Clyne amplifier kits

Yes, Stern-Clyne. Mine has silver-grey hammer finish, and I have replaced the electrolytic. Mine powers a Type C tape pre-amp, with 5 (I think) valves. Bought 1964.

Les.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0740.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	231905   Click image for larger version

Name:	psu1.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	231906  
Old 16th Apr 2021, 6:56 pm   #3
rontech
Heptode

Default Re: Sterne Clyne amplifier kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by bileaflet_valve View Post
Yes, Stern-Clyne. Mine has silver-grey hammer finish, and I have replaced the electrolytic. Mine powers a Type C tape pre-amp, with 5 (I think) valves. Bought 1964.

Les.
I built a Sterne Clyne stereo tape recording amp in 1964. It upgraded my Brenell Mk 5 for the next 15 years.