UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Apr 2021, 3:14 pm   #1
jascha
Hexode

Default UHER CR240 belts

Hi everyone,

I am trying to source the set of belts for a UHER CR240 and was wondering if I can find a set in the UK and where I can get them from please. Alternatively if anyone knows the dimensions of the belts I can order them individually from one of the UK suppliers.

Thanks for your help in advance 👍
Old 16th Apr 2021, 7:52 am   #2
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: UHER CR240 belts

I brought a set for my CR 240 from eBay German seller.

Pretty sure I measured the new belts but am really struggling to find the measurements now.

David
Old 16th Apr 2021, 8:31 am   #3
jascha
Hexode

Thanks David. I can buy them from Germany or Italy through Ebay but thought I check if I can get them from a UK supplier due to changes in UK customs regulations since January.
Old 16th Apr 2021, 10:14 am   #4
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Yes fully understand, still trying to find my record of the belt dimensions but it is not looking promising that I will find them.

David
Old 16th Apr 2021, 12:11 pm   #5
jascha
Hexode

Thanks for trying to help David.

All the best
Carmine
Old 16th Apr 2021, 2:50 pm   #6
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

Finally, a thread I have some useful information to offer!

I got mine from SDS Uher Service directly, rather than eBay. They have most of the Uher stocks so can get you new manuals and parts, too. They've been very helpful and the last order I got this year for CR 210 belts incurred no extra tariffs.

I compared the CR 210 belts to ones from my CR 240, and made some measurements. The two share all their belts except the CR 210's autoreverse means there are two capstan belts.

The measurements are relatively approximate because of the nature of rubber, but I don't suppose it matters too much for the application. I took one diameter reading with the belt in as much of a circle as I could manage, and one length with the belt squashed flat, which should be approximately 1/2 its external measurement.

Attached is a picture from my notebook demonstrating this a bit more clearly than my description. The numbers on the right are possibilities from a belt website I came across, before I realised they were Chinese and preferred to buy from Ulrich Sprang at SDS.

I hope that helps, and if David finds his measurements then maybe we'll get an average size!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CR 210-240 Belts.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	231904  
Old 16th Apr 2021, 3:56 pm   #7
jascha
Hexode

Thank you so much for this useful information. It will come very handy when I’m looking for belts, in fact I have just cut the drive belt to measure the circumference and it measured 30 cms, which worked out at around 9.5cms in diameter according to a mathematical calculation. Comparing to your notes, I would stick to your measurements of 8.2cms more than my 9.5cms as my belt is clearly stretched.
What I did for now is order a pack of 60 generic belts for very cheap on eBay so I have a selection of belts for other devices too whenever I need to replace other belts and see if I get lucky. I will otherwise get in touch with your suggested supplier.
I think I only need to replace the drive belt and the counter belt as the 2 capstan belts seem to be fine, in comparison the other two.

Once again thanks very much for sharing your information.
C 👍👏
Closed Thread