UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Apr 2014, 1:24 am   #1
Hermit6345
Rest in Peace

Default Telequipment S54 Graticule Lamps etc

I am trying to restore an S54 scope. A previous owner has removed the graticule plate but left the bezel into which it all fits. There are no bulbs. The handbook mentions cap less bulbs, 14 volt .75 watt. There is a strip of pcb material which has a couple of tracks which look to be the supply to the bulbs. As there are no bulb holders am I right in assuming that the bulbs are wire ended and mounted at the top and soldered in? If anyone can put me right I would be very grateful.

There is no obvious way of fixing the top of the bezel to the front panel. Just two holes. I assume that there should be a couple of nuts and bolts similar to those that secure the bottom of the bezel?

There are a couple of broken black binding posts so I am hoping that I can get at those by removing the front panel. To get at the heads of the bolts that hold the bezel and the front panel in place I think that I will have to remove the CRT. Any tips or photographs of the graticule lighting system would be appreciated.
Closed Thread