UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd May 2014, 1:46 am   #1
rcaradiola
Retired Dormant Member

Default Taylor model 45C valve tester...no 'Rectifier' test

Greetings from across the pond! I am restoring a Taylor model 45C valve tester. I have gotten all the functions to work properly except one: When I try to test a rectifier valve (e.g. 80, 6X5, etc.) with the switch in the 'rectifier' position I get no meter reading. I do get a reading in the 'diode' position. I have traced the circuit path when in 'rectifier' and all is well (no faulty contact(s), wires, etc). Where else should I look to find the problem?

Best regards,
RCARADIOLA
Donald
Old 2nd May 2014, 8:55 am   #2
vinrads
Dekatron

Default Re: Taylor model 45C valve tester...no 'Rectifier' test

Hi Donald I presume the valve has heaters ,and you have selected 300 and 020 on the ABC switches .Mick.
Old 2nd May 2014, 8:23 pm   #3
rcaradiola
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Taylor model 45C valve tester...no 'Rectifier' test

Mick: Hi and good evening! Yes, the valve has heaters (filaments) that are good (the valve tested good on my other Taylor 45B when in 'rectifier' position) and yes, I had the A, B, C switches in their correct positions for the valve being tested.

Regards,
Donald
Closed Thread