UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Dec 2012, 3:48 pm   #1
Daventry 5XX
Pentode

Default HMV 5213 cicuit diagram

Hi All

Can anyone tell me if the HMV 5213 (circa 1950) shared a common chassis with any other make of radio.

I have trawled the internet and my Service Data DVD ROM for a circuit diagram without any success.

Many thanks
Alan
Old 20th Dec 2012, 4:02 pm   #2
Cobaltblue

Default Re: HMV 5213 cicuit diagram

Hi Alan

I am making a bit of a leap here but does this set look like the HMV 1121?

Cheers

Mike T
Old 20th Dec 2012, 4:20 pm   #3
Daventry 5XX
Pentode

Hi Mike,

Just looked at the 1121 and it does indeed look to be the same set, or something very similar.

Many thanks for your help.

Alan
Old 5th Oct 2013, 12:32 am   #4
ultrascan99
Retired Dormant Member

Hi, I have just obtained one of these HMV 5213 Sets. A little unusual but believed to to be manufactured for the rental Market, and not available to purchase from a dealer. However the chassis relates to a 5411, which can be found in the radio and TV servicing books or CD, which also contains the manufacturers service manual.
It shows a console radiogram unit. There are one or two differences, as of the location of the output transformer and a capacitor, but the unit is the same circuit.
Also some sets were fitted with a Mazda 10P30. You may find this valve a little difficult to find if you need to replace it, and the equivalent books show a Marconi N type number. You will find that a UL42 works in here with no modifications, but is not listed in the equivalent books.

PS. change the cathode bias cap and its associated 150 ohm resistor, or it could have you in loops for a while, it caught me out after I had changed all the wax caps. The set works very well with its huge speaker and is very sensitive on all bands. good luck.
PS it is around 1956, kindest regards Pete
Closed Thread