UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Nov 2019, 10:42 am   #1
lloydwells
Heptode

Default TELEAVIA help

Ive just bought the set pictures I believe a teleavia PA 245 I'm assuming this being French will be SECAM ? Therefore best way of converting pal to SECAM please .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191103-143657.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	193080  
Old 4th Nov 2019, 10:53 am   #2
vidjoman
Dekatron

Default Re: TELEAVIA help

Many sets in France were PAL/SECAM so as to be useable near the borders with other countries or with external satellite tuners. Check it and see. Sometimes only gets both through a scart socket.
Old 4th Nov 2019, 11:43 am   #3
lloydwells
Heptode

I wouldnt think an early 1970s set would have scary ;-)
Old 4th Nov 2019, 12:24 pm   #4
vidjoman
Dekatron

Going by Wiki the maker was an Italian company - later taken over by Thompson (French) but I don't know when. Thompson is now known as Technicolor SA.

I think you may have quoted the wrong number as online there are pictures of a 542 that looks the same as your picture.
Old 4th Nov 2019, 2:42 pm   #5
Maarten
Dekatron

Technicolor didn't take over the brown goods division of Thomson, TCL did but neither are likely to know anything about this set.

An Italian manufacturer regardless of ownership will have made PAL B/G sets by default, other systems only for border areas and export.
Old 4th Nov 2019, 5:18 pm   #6
lloydwells
Heptode

Yes 542 sounds more like it I did wonder about this whole Italian / French situation
Closed Thread