UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Sep 2014, 8:43 pm   #1
sparkymike
Octode

Default PP9 batteries

Are the PP9 9volt batteries on sale today, higher than the original ones.?
I have a Bush TR130 portable and it is impossible to replace the battery cover with the battery in place without doing serious damage to the internal parts.
Mike.
Old 3rd Sep 2014, 9:22 pm   #2

Default Re: PP9 batteries

I have not had that problem with 'new' PP9s, (Halfords have the ones I use in stock). Not wanting to state the obvious, have you put it in the right way round, sometimes it is a bit ambiguous.

Old 4th Sep 2014, 8:06 am   #3
sparkymike
Octode

I had wondered if it would help if the battery was the other way up, but thought that the connectors would damage the ferrite rod, so should the battery fit with connectors going in the case first ?
Mike.
Old 4th Sep 2014, 9:08 am   #4
Sideband
Dekatron

Surely the battery goes in whichever way it fits best?