UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Jan 2021, 6:20 am   #1
pinosdaughter
Diode

Default Help with Vintage TV and Radio Workshop Collection.

Hi,

I am sorting through my fathers vintage workshop equipment. He was an electrical engineer and owned his own television & radio repair workshop for about 50 years.

I have numerous items I would like to get a better idea on, find out their value and/or maybe work out if some of it might be useful for a museum etc.

To start with I have

LAEL Milano Ponte Di Impedenza MOD 557

TOA ELECTRONIC POLYRECORDER EPR- 111A

UNAOHM PAL COLOUR BAR GENERATOR TYPE EP 685 A

Any tips would be most welcome.

Thank you
Old 24th Jan 2021, 3:48 pm   #2
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Help with Vintage tv & radio workshop collection

See comments in red

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinosdaughter View Post
Hi,

I am sorting through my fathers vintage workshop equipment. He was an electrical engineer and owned his own television & radio repair workshop for about 50 years.

I have numerous items I would like to get a better idea on, find out their value and/or maybe work out if some of it might be useful for a museum etc.

To start with I have

LAEL Milano Ponte Di Impedenza MOD 557

This looks like a general purpose instrument for measuring resistance, capacitance and inductance. Could be of interest on here, depending on spec. £5-£100+ very much depending on spec!

TOA ELECTRONIC POLYRECORDER EPR- 111A

This is a chart recorder of some sort. Not likely to attract much interest here but might sell for £5-£10 in good working order. Function effectively superseded by computer type dataloggers.

UNAOHM PAL COLOUR BAR GENERATOR TYPE EP 685 A

A specific piece of colour TV test equipment. Could be useful to a vintage TV enthusiast perhaps. £5+

Any tips would be most welcome.

Thank you

Any Service (and to a lesser extent Operators) manuals for the equipment would increase their saleabilty, though not necessarily their value and might have some value in their own right.

Depending on their type etc you may find that a some new old stock spare parts such as valves may be worth surprising sums (anywhere from worthless to £100s!).

Good luck with your endeavours- do keep us informed, photos always welcome and can be a great help with identifying "strange" bits'n'pieces!
.........O..Chris....O
Old 24th Jan 2021, 8:57 pm   #3
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Re: Help with Vintage TV and Radio Workshop Collection.

Hi, you have a PM (private message)

Ed
Old 25th Jan 2021, 4:24 am   #4
EvanMurfett
Diode

Default Re: Help with Vintage TV and Radio Workshop Collection.

Hi Pino's Daughter,

I am a member of the Melbourne branch of the Historic Radio Society of Australia (HRSA). Our members collect all things Radio, TV and Test Equipment. We have regular auctions including helping families dispose of collections no longer needed.

If you wish, I can put you in contact with the HRSA committee to discuss the best way ahead for you. This would ensure that you get a fair price, dispose of the collection in one lot and have confidence that it is going to someone who will appreciate it as your father did.

Best regards,
Evan Murfett
Closed Thread