UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Feb 2007, 9:27 pm   #1
Brian4radio
Pentode

Default Accumulator re-furb

Hi team, I have a glass box which contained an Exide 2volt accumulator. I wish to install a lead acid /gell battery into this container. Does any one know where I can obtain a Cyclon 2v 8ah Hawker battery code No 0850-0004 or equiv. which will fit inside the enclosure and be re-chargeable. The size of the internals are 2-3/4"wide X 3"deep X 6" long. I know I can get this battery cell from the states but it will cost me an arm and a leg in postage. Kind regards for all your suggestions. Brian.
Old 19th Feb 2007, 10:14 pm   #2
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Accumulator re-furb

Hi Brian,

You may care to approach these people http://www.mdsbattery.co.uk/shop/pro...partmentID=179 who list the 2v at 8ah version, and also list a 5ah version which may be suitable. Scroll down the page and look at 0800-0004. Clicking on that will then show 0850-0004, the 8ah job that you require, in a list on the r/h side of the page.

Last edited by Darren-UK; 19th Feb 2007 at 10:24 pm. Reason: Modified posting.
Old 19th Feb 2007, 10:27 pm   #3
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Just took a look there myself and the 8AH 0850-0004 is on the same page

http://www.mdsbattery.co.uk/shop/pro...ctGroupID=1907

Paul
Old 20th Feb 2007, 9:58 am   #4
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Brian
I have a few 5AH and 2.5AH Cyclons here - they are a bit bigger than a D-cell and a bit smaller than a D-cell, respectively.
Lucar male connectors.
PM me if you are interested.
Old 20th Feb 2007, 10:18 am   #5
Brian4radio
Pentode

Hi team, thanks for your information. I have ordered a cell from MDS batteries. Thanks for your quick response, regards Brian
Closed Thread