UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Jan 2007, 10:45 pm   #1
HMV 1120
Hexode

Default Simple Reciever using PM3

This is just an idea I have been bouncing around for sometime - I have a PM3 Triode lying around, and as at it fits nothing I have (and hence pointless keeping for spares), I thought I would use it to make a simple Regen for either SW/MW. Does anyone know where I can find a site with suitable plans, or have done this themselves? Being a cash-strapped student I thought I'd get some advise from those that know what they are talking about before ending up with a lighter wallet, a tub of bits and nothing else
Any thoughts/ideas etc gratefully recieved!
Edit: something along the lines of this (the first diagram)?
http://home.wxs.nl/~meuls003/hac/hac.html

Last edited by HMV 1120; 26th Jan 2007 at 10:53 pm. Reason: Relevant site found
Old 27th Jan 2007, 3:58 pm   #2
Brian R Pateman
Nonode

Default Re: Simple Reciever using PM3

I'd certainly go for it.

The old HAC designs were pretty good and used simple widely available (in those days) components.

Radio Constructor along with other mags published lots of designs for simple one valvers. If you like I'll dig through the archive and send you copies of some typical designs. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Denco coils come up on e-bay from time to time but it shouldn't be too much of a problem to wind your own if you want to return to the true spirit of home construction!

Regards and good luck,
Old 27th Jan 2007, 5:36 pm   #3
HMV 1120
Hexode

Pm sent Looking around today, I've discovered that my PM3 dates back between 1926-1930. It would be nice to construct a 'period-lookalike' radio for it. All depends on what I drag out the 'scrap' box though...
Still, it would be a good way to use up that set of 1943 'BBC' headphones too! (I originally brought these for use with a valve set, then decided operating a 60 year old peice of mains equipment with leads strapped to your head wasn't the wisest thing to do...)
Old 28th Jan 2007, 3:06 pm   #4
paulsherwin

Hi Rob. Zillions of regen projects here http://vintageradio.me.uk/radconnav/radcon.htm though most will use later general purpose pentodes.

Paul
Old 29th Jan 2007, 4:56 pm   #5
HMV 1120
Hexode

Many thanks!
Closed Thread