UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Oct 2014, 4:07 pm   #1
ThePillenwerfer
Octode

Default Homebrew Electrect Transmitter for Bakelite Handset 164.

I recently posted about rebuilding old Number 16 transmitters with electrect microphones and have now been playing about incorporating the same design into Bakelite handsets.

I allowed a larger surround to the PCB so that it would fit inside the handset and held it in place by turning over the forked connector which would normally press against the back of a carbon transmitter after well insulating the ends.

The spit guard is made from some thin packing foam, which isn't dense enough to block sound. I also made a cardboard packer to stop the mouthpiece from rattling.

As well as the cost saving, this must have cost less than a pound, it saves removing any parts, other than the transmitter, so the original configuration can be easily restored if subsequently desired.

- Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_2180.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	99232   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_2181.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	99233  
Closed Thread