UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 21st May 2007, 8:17 pm   #21
Trevor
Octode

Default Re: Parmeko System 22

Hello Percival
After looking at the circuit,s it seams to me to be quite a simple unit
To get things clear is the live side of the output capcitor standing at half the supply volts, when you disconnect all the output transistors If not is it high /low
Check the driver transistors I would in the matter of course change them all any way You can use 2n3055 for the output devices and bc142/143 or bd139/140 for drivers
Check the bias diodes and bias resistor please let me know how you get on
regards trev
Old 27th Jun 2007, 5:54 pm   #22
percival007
Heptode

Default Re: Parmeko System 22

Hello Trevor,
i have today got the output stage working.
I used 2N3055's for the output transistors, the diodes and bias resistors all checked out ok. However, i replaced all the electrolytics as some of them were a little bit worse for wear. I also replaced the small variable resistors for setting the idle current. I have been caught out on more modern sets than this by not changing these pots!
I now have to re-furbish one of the speakers as one of the tweeters has failed and the binding posts need replacing.
Thanks for your help, regards, Percy.
Closed Thread