UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Apr 2007, 11:24 am   #1
Tony at The Den
Retired Dormant Member

Question Sonotone 9TA 9TAHC Connection details

Can anyone help with the correct pinout fot the Sonotone 9TA series cartridges?.. I know I can solder up the little plus by trial and error but as it's fairly delicate stuff and ageing years (mine as well as the little plug!) , I'd like to get it right first time! I seem to remember there was a diagonal sequence to it... someone MUST know.....
Old 30th Apr 2007, 7:31 pm   #2
AndiiT
Octode

Default Re: Sonotone 9TA 9TAHC Connection details

Hi,
With the locating spigot to your right (i.e. stylus facing downwards) the connection details for the Sonotone 9TAHC cartridge are as follows -

Top left LH Channel 'Hot' Top Right RH Channel Ground

Bottom Left LH Channel Ground and Bottom Right RH Channel 'Hot'

I did have the details on a card somewhere but can't find it, my information was from looking directly at a Cartridge from one of my record players.
I am sure that you are aware, the original instructions advise soldering the leads to the connector with it removed from the cartridge.

Regards
Andrew
Old 30th Apr 2007, 8:20 pm   #3
Tony at The Den
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Sonotone 9TA 9TAHC Connection details

Thanks very much Andrew and yup I remembered about not cooking the cartridge....
Closed Thread