UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 4th Jun 2017, 8:53 am   #1
Station X

Default Old heater.

This heater is being offered FOC on Ipswich Freecycle. It's located in Felixstowe. I have no connection with the donor.

https://www.ilovefreegle.org/message...ijR&src=digest
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_5297610.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	143877  

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 4th Jun 2017, 9:41 am   #2
Peter.N.
Dekatron

Default Re: Old heater.

HMV or EMI or something if I remember correctly.

Peter
Old 4th Jun 2017, 11:26 pm   #3
kalee20
Dekatron

Looks like HMV Cavendish.

Inside a hinged panel at the rear, there's an instruction to oil the motor every January 1st.

It's a good heater, quiet but effective, and there's a fireglow bulb to add some ambience (and remind you that it's on).
Old 5th Jun 2017, 7:53 am   #4
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

I've one of these and also a slightly later Morphy Richards version which this might be as the top and sides are the same colour.
The HMV has a brown top; the two sorts have a completely different motor and switching arrangements.
Old 30th Jul 2017, 1:23 pm   #5
johncoates
Retired Dormant Member

I remember having one of these in the house when I was a child (a very long time ago !!).
I don't remember my father oiling the motor bearings, but I do remember him having to change the red fire-glow bulb more than once.
As I grew up and developed an interest in radio and electronics, these were the sort of jobs I got to do.
Closed Thread