UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Aug 2019, 1:07 pm   #1
Matthew D
Retired Dormant Member

Default Sony HMK 70 help needed

Hi, I wonder if anyone could give me some advice of how to reset the mechanism of my Sony HMK 70. I purchased it from a charity who advertised it on line and insisted on posting it. When it arrived the Plato had come off its location point, I replaced it but it makes contact with the base of the turntable. The centre spindle lifts up and down and when I look at the mechanism I can sort of work out how it works, the Plato will turn then the spindle drops down making the Plato catch the base.

Am I missing something silly ?

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards, Matthew.
Old 31st Aug 2019, 1:47 pm   #2
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Sony HMK 70 help needed

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=141377

?

Lawrence.
Old 31st Aug 2019, 1:53 pm   #3
Marconi_MPT4
Heptode

Hi Matthew, welcome to the forum.

A common problem is failure of the lower bearing thrust washer which supports the turntable shaft and results in the turntable almost touching the deck.

Attached link to an older thread showing bearing location.

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...59&postcount=3

Well worth fixing but can you confirm if the thrust washer has failed?

Rich
Old 31st Aug 2019, 2:55 pm   #4
Matthew D
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Rich, thanks for your reply and guidance. What I can't work out is why the centre spindle teeth are below the point that's required for them to make contact with the teeth on the large white disk with teeth, excuse my lamen terms, I don't know the correct names for the parts. How does the splindle lift in order to make contact ?
Regards
Matthew
Closed Thread