UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jun 2019, 4:49 pm   #1
Bignige
Retired Dormant Member

Default PYE Fenman 2RM

At this time I have my late fathers pride and joy in my garage. Unfortunately it has taken a few bumps, although I am sure it could be brought back to life.
I have turned it on and a few lights come on, the record deck turns but no sound. Any ideas? Maybe in transit a valve may have been dislodged?

It is complete with the recording disk and eraser and service Manual and also a manual for the Garrard record deck

Unfortunately the mic is missing.

Very soon I am moving to Dorset and wondered if it was worth hanging on to it or not..

I remember it was a great sound
Old 22nd Jun 2019, 5:24 pm   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: PYE Fenman 2RM

It all depends on how you plan to use it and what your expectations of it are?
For example, as it is, this is not suitable for playing stereo records on.
What experience do you have of servicing and fault-finding on vintage valved equipment?
If you are a complete novice, this is not the easiest of radiograms to tackle.
Old 22nd Jun 2019, 5:35 pm   #3
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

I would avoid keep plugging in, prior to getting it carefully checked over.
Old 22nd Jun 2019, 11:18 pm   #4
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

I've got one without the recording "add on" feature Bignige. Good Radiograms but surprisingly heavy. As with so many people who come on this site these days, if you are not interested in the technical/restoration side-better to move it on to someone who is [it's very old now]. As advised, keep it switched off. There are quite a few threads if you search via the top box which should help you to learn more.

Dave W
Old 23rd Jun 2019, 8:31 am   #5
Bignige
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks to you all ..I may look at passing it on to a good home then as it is a large item and I am moving to Dorset from Cambridgeshire very soon
Nigel
Closed Thread