UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Jun 2018, 8:17 pm   #1
derek.ireland
Tetrode

Default Marconi CR300 range drum

Help needed. I have re-corded the range drum on two CR100s. It takes a while but OK. Not so the CR300/1. Two questions, if anybody can help.
First, the manual shows the cardboard tube on the wrong end of the pulley. Do I have to reverse the cords for correct action?
Second, the two screws on the switch pulley. Is this pulley movable, it just seems to lock to the IF switch which I do not want to move? (who ever came up with this arrangement)
Thanks for any help.
Old 1st Jun 2018, 8:53 pm   #2
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Marconi CR300 range drum

I used to own a CR300, I too had to re-string the drum drive, it was a pig of a job.

Somewhere on the web is a manual for a CR300 Ref. No. T.1864, in that manual the drum re-stringing diagram is correct so far as I remember, it shows a view towards the front as viewed from the rear, so viewed from the top with the front of the receiver facing you the cord goes around the right hand end of the drum, doing the switch pulley is the pig bit....If I remember correctly, slackening off the screws might have given a bit of pulley movement on the switch shaft but not a lot, and as you probably already know there's not a lot of finger room around there...Not their best design in that department.

Good luck.

Lawrence.

Last edited by ms660; 1st Jun 2018 at 9:01 pm. Reason: addition
Closed Thread