UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Apr 2018, 8:06 pm   #1
David Simpson
Nonode

Default Moray Firth ARS Junk Sale

Once again the MFARS are holding another junk sale this coming
Saturday - the 7th, in Elgin. As usual, there will be our wee contingent of local VRR&R Forum & BVWS & VMARS guys. But its an opportunity for other vintage radio guys in the Aberdeenshire & Highlands area to grab a bargain or just have a good natter over a cuppa & some nice sausage rolls. I've certainly enjoyed going for the last few years.

Regards, David
Old 5th Apr 2018, 7:02 am   #2
Kevin Hoyland
Heptode

Default Re: Moray Firth ARS Junk Sale

Morning David.
I hope you enjoy the day.
Kevin.
Old 7th Apr 2018, 6:09 pm   #3
David Simpson
Nonode

Well, I enjoyed the 50 mile trip to Elgin, and the weather was fine. Dosh-wise, I flogged some junk for £11.50 & spent £11 on entrance fee, raffle tickets, coffee and sausage rolls. However, I cant put a price on meeting familiar amateur radio faces & thoroughly enjoying catching up with news & just yapping. And, lo & behold - won a box of milk tray chocolates, and a pack of Kit Kats ! (My VMARS chum, who accompanied me, won a bottle of Smirnoff Vodka).
Flogging my Marconi TF2300B would've been great, but that wasn't to be. So hope to get it down to RWB in the summer, along with some other surplus T/E.
I would encourage folk to go to these small venues, as well as the larger BVWS Swap Meets, or big VMARS Silent Key Sales. There is a wealth of vintage radio knowledge still out there & contacts to be made.

Regards, David
Old 7th Apr 2018, 6:27 pm   #4
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Had I not been on call this weekend, I would have travelled up - SWMBO and I love the Highlands, and would have made it a weekend away
Old 7th Apr 2018, 10:06 pm   #5
David Simpson
Nonode

Sean, PM sent. David
Closed Thread