UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Apr 2021, 5:26 pm   #1
6SN7WGTB
Hexode

Default Nombrex 31 - question about AF

Just acquired one of the above in pretty good condition.

Testing the RF on my 'scope proves the RF calibration to be astonishingly good. My re-capped SONY ICF-SW7600 also seems to suggest the Nombrex dial is pretty much spot on.

All I can 'fault' with the RF is a slight defect in one half of the sine wave, but it's minimal and it works.

The one question I do have is around the AF modulator - I see that the schematic (which I spotted on this site and in fact catalysed me to buy the 'non-working' item) reports an AF tone of 400Hz.

Mine is more like 990Hz, and stable. It works fine and modulates correctly.

Given the RF end and the MOD appears to work spot on, I'm not terribly inclined to tinker with the AF end, but am curious if this is a known issue?

It just seems odd that nothing aside this seems to have drifted.

Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread