UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Mar 2021, 5:18 pm   #1
David Simpson
Nonode

Default Kenwood Chef KM200 Food Mixer

Any Kenwood experts out there ? Me thinks my wife's 25 year old mixer is in need of a good service. Solid old beast, and gives no trouble. Just came with a basic user's leaflet when I bought it(heffing expensive). My wife is an ex cookery teacher, & her dept. had ten of these, plus she was friendly with the technician, so regular servicing wasn't a problem, prior to retirement.
Wouldn't mind getting my hands on a copy of a Servicing Manual, if there was one.

Regards, David
Old 12th Mar 2021, 6:18 pm   #2

Default Re: Kenwood Chef KM200 Food Mixer

That is same as mine (I call it new!), had a quick google, lots of stuff out there. Not a lot to go wrong, I do wonder why you think it needs a service. James May in his Reassembler series did a Kenwood.

Old 13th Mar 2021, 4:57 pm   #3
David Simpson
Nonode

Tried several Googled sites, but couldn't download any info. They all wanted me to accept heaps of cookies plus their particular App. Kenwood's own site was just as mercenary - but didn't (or no longer) have the KM200 in their list of available downloadable info. Hence am still hoping that some kind forum member has an old servicing manual somewhere.
These old food mixers are superbly well built, but Jesus - have you seen the cost of a new one ?

Regards, David
Old 13th Mar 2021, 7:30 pm   #4
ex 2 Base
Heptode

Leave well alone, not much to go wrong, just those suppression caps which expire and give out a horrible stink. You can buy a motor repair kit brushes and caps, and a replacement board. Should you need a circuit diagram I can send you a copy. More modern ones have electronic speed control, just been fixing our neighbours, other neighbour has the governor type which is noisy. Ted
Closed Thread