UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Mar 2021, 12:46 am   #1
vichighmathguy
Diode

Default Collaro AC47 Lubrication Question

Hello everyone,
Please forgive this Canadian foreigner a question that may already have been answered (had some trouble getting vast numbers of responses while searching for threads with just 2 or 3 search terms).

I am looking at a Collaro AC47 78 rpm electric motor and am planning to service it. My experience is with windup phonographs, but not so much with electric motors. I see that the yolk that limits the travel of the disc on the governor shaft has two rather long strips of felt, much longer than the 1/4" felts that I typically see on windups. The long strips of felt don't appear to have had any lubricant on them, while the windups were always oiled. My concern is that, if I oil the longer Collaro felts, will that cause too much drag on the governor? Should I leave it dry or can you recommend what I should do with it?

I would appreciate any suggestions you might have - thank you!

Don Mayer
Victoria, BC, Canada
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6875.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	228271  
Closed Thread