UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 27th May 2020, 7:05 pm   #1
zz123by680
Diode

Default Tandberg 12-41 Switch help

Just spent the last 2 days taking the Tandberg apart and cleaning the switching system as it was horribly oxidized and making crazy noises. When putting the switch system back together I forgot to take pictures of the disassembly. I had to kind of guess when reassembling. When I turned it back on one channel sounded amazing and the other channel switch appears to be acting in reverse as well as the treble eq knob being inverse.

Does anyone have some images of the switching assembly that they could post?
Old 30th May 2020, 5:06 am   #2
ricard
Octode

Default Re: Tandberg 12-41 Switch help

Space is tight in there, I've got several images of the switches but not too sure how useful they are. Here are a couple from a late (post-serial-number 2209550) machine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amppcb-mid.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	207196   Click image for larger version

Name:	amppcb-mid-detail.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	207197  
Old 30th May 2020, 5:15 am   #3
ricard
Octode

Default Re: Tandberg 12-41 Switch help

And here's one from an early (pre 220 9550) version. Not sure exactly what the difference is to the switching assembly from a mechanical point of view, but the main difference between pre and post 220 9550 is redesign of the switches, although I think it has been done primarily by re-wiring the main PCB.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pcbs.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	207198  
Closed Thread