UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 20th May 2020, 9:38 pm   #1
Willum08
Diode

Default Collection of mainly test gear FREE.

I have a collection of vintage electronic gear for disposal. Some items are working others may require some attention. The entire collection is free of charge... I just want all the items to go to 'a good home'. I would prefer that they all go as a Job-Lot rather than split them up. Because of the quantity, this would be collection only from Richmond in North Yorkshire.

1. Gould Dual Trace Oscilloscope.
2. 2 of self build 0-30 Volt DC bench power supplies
3. Quark PMM 330A Process Multimeter/Generator
4. Sony MX-12 6 Channel Stereo Mic Mixer Battery Powered by D cells.
5. Heathkit Digital Voltmeter Mains powered
6. Farnell 0-30v DC Bench power supply.
7. Vintage Vacuum Tube Voltmeter Model 543
8. Shure Controlled Magnetic Microphone Model 444 (Spec on Internet)
9. Sabatronics Model 2000 AC/DC/Ohm Digital Voltmeter
10. Sabatronics Model 8100 Digital Frequency Meter
11.Vingate Jason Kit Audio Genereator AG40 10Hz - 100Khz Sine/Square
12. Sony AM/FM/MW/SW Solid State battery Portable Radio Model 7F-74DC11

I have photographs of all the items but can only post 5 images on this forum
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gould Scope.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	206329   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sabtronics Units.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	206330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vac. Tube VM.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	206331   Click image for larger version

Name:	Heathkit DVM.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	206332   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jason Audio Gen.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	206333  

Old 20th May 2020, 9:54 pm   #2
Station X

Default Re: Collection of mainly test gear FREE.

A generous offer.

You can post additional images by posting again in this thread.

Keep the soldering iron hot.
Old 20th May 2020, 10:08 pm   #3
ekjdm14
Heptode

What a gesture, I would have snapped your hand off on account of the 'scope and multimeters alone, let alone adding a VTVM to my arsenal and the rest...

More's the pity I'm not able to get to Yorkshire. Best of luck finding an appreciative home for these instruments though, surely won't be long.

Thank you for offering them up, very generous of you.
Old 20th May 2020, 10:22 pm   #4
Reelman
Octode

A very generous offer indeed, thanks very much for thinking of the forum members!

I would like to express an interest in items 4, 6, 8 and 12 please.

I realise that you wish them to go altogether, I’d be happy to collect them all for distribution to other members once this lock down allows it. I’m near J33 M1 if that would help others, only about 1.5 hours from you. Obviously happy to stand aside if you receive a more convenient offer.

Thanks again,

Peter
Old 20th May 2020, 10:53 pm   #5
ekjdm14
Heptode

I've placed a post on the FCS area regarding the 2 'scopes for sale as well as these, possibly have help collecting those when things get much more normal than they are now. More than happy for you to keep 4,6,8 & 12 if you're able to retain the others for either collection or FCS to Congleton in future?

(Still quite a journey for us to make otherwise I'd come up to you)

Last edited by ekjdm14; 20th May 2020 at 11:01 pm.
Old 20th May 2020, 11:32 pm   #6
Beobloke
Hexode

Would love the Sony mixer but sadly I’m a very long way away in Hampshire!
Old 20th May 2020, 11:38 pm   #7
AC/HL

If Peter is willing to collect these, it may be feasible for FCS to facilitate onward dispatch in these uncertain times.
Old 21st May 2020, 1:31 am   #8
deliverance
Hexode

A very kind offer I am interested in item 7 the valve tube voltmeter thanks regards Chris.
Old 21st May 2020, 8:21 am   #9
Rogers-Lodger
Pentode

Hi there All
I'm interested in the Jason no11 signal gen. I'm down souf but if Peter is collecting them all I could send a box with packaging for courier....
Keep me posted.
Dave
Old 21st May 2020, 9:54 am   #10
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelman View Post
A very generous offer indeed, thanks very much for thinking of the forum members!

I would like to express an interest in items 4, 6, 8 and 12 please.

I realise that you wish them to go altogether, I’d be happy to collect them all for distribution to other members once this lock down allows it. I’m near J33 M1 if that would help others, only about 1.5 hours from you.
Peter
To strictly comply with the law, such a journey wouldn't yet be allowed, but from 15 May 2020, you can lawfully travel the length and breath of England to meet one person who is not a members of your household in an open space for exercise or an outdoor activity - golf for example, or to a fishing pond or river if an angler, or to go to a beach for a stroll or to sunbathe.

So strictly speaking, you could for example drive up to Richmond to meet forum member Willum08 to play golf or go for a walk in the park (2 Metres apart) but not to collect the items so generously offered. It's entirely a personal decision, but seeing the mayhem and chaos which has ensued in recent days on beaches, in national parks and beauty spots, it wouldn't trouble my conscience to make the return journey to Richmond.

By arrangement, the items could be placed outside the front door on your arrival.

I've just had a heavy item of woodworking equipment delivered by courier for which I'd normally have been asked to sign. He took the item off the van, place in on the drive outside my front door, knocked on the door and went back to his van 5 Metres from my front door. When I opened the door he took a photo of me with the parcel as proof that it had been delivered. As the parcel was heavy, he even asked if I'd like it placing in the garage or taking round the back on my home. (Ordered 8pm Monday night last week, delivered 11 working hours later 11am Weds).

I can only say what the so called 'lockdown' is like in Hull and East Yorkshire:

All council car parks are open and free of charge. Refuse sites are open, DIY stores and Wilko are open, (Poundland, The Range & B&M never closed), garden centres are open, in my village the chip shop, Indian and Chinese take-aways have never closed, golf clubs are open (not the Club-houses), the fishing pond is open, as is the café (and toilets) for take-way food and drinks. At Skidby Windmill, the café (and toilets) is open for takeaways, where there is a courtyard, garden and picnic meadow full of cowslips in which to relax. Lots of 'socially distanced' tables and chairs. Very uplifting and good for the soul to be among like-minded 'kindred spirits'.

So it's against that background that I say that it wouldn't trouble my conscience to make a 1.5Hr car journey to collect the equipment.

Which, is of course just my subjective opinion, which others may not share.

Here's a relevant snippet of what the letter of the law says on the Easing of Restrictions on Movement from 15th May 2020 within England:

You can travel to outdoor open space for my exercise or outdoor activity irrespective of distance. You shouldn’t travel with someone from outside your household unless you can practise social distancing - for example by cycling. Leaving your home - the place you live - to stay at another home is not allowed.

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020:

6.—(1) During the emergency period, no person may leave [F8 or be outside of] the place where they are living without reasonable excuse.
(2) For the purposes of paragraph (1), a reasonable excuse includes the need—
[F12(b)to take exercise—
(i)alone,
(ii)with one or more members of their household, or
(iii)with one member of another household;
F13(ba)to visit a public open space for the purposes of open-air recreation to promote their physical or mental health or emotional wellbeing—
(i)alone,
(ii)with one or more members of their household, or
(iii)with one member of another household;

F20(5) For the purposes of paragraph (2)(ba), “public open space” includes—
(a)land laid out as a public garden or used for the purpose of recreation by members of the public;
(b)land which is “open country” as defined in section 59(2) of the National Parks and Access to the Countryside Act 1949, as read with section 16 of the Countryside Act 1968;
(c)land which is “access land” for the purposes of Part 1 of the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000 (see section 1(1) of that Act).

There is page after page after page here for anyone who is at a loose end during lockdown who is minded to read through it:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/350
Old 21st May 2020, 2:30 pm   #11
LyntonP
Pentode

Could I please go in the hat for items 5,6,7,8,10 and 11.
To be honest I could make use of all of these items so if no one else would like them I would happily take them all.
Not too far from me so I could collect.
Many thanks
Lynton

Last edited by LyntonP; 21st May 2020 at 2:40 pm.
Old 21st May 2020, 3:35 pm   #12
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

I would love that Shure444 too (item8), being a licensed radio amateur it would be ideal for my KW2000.

I would certainly make a donation to what ever chosen charity.

Thank you.
Old 21st May 2020, 5:07 pm   #13
Willum08
Diode

Thank you all for your interest - amazing response !

Having carefully considered all the replies, I think the best solution is that suggested by Peter.....(Reelman) Quote "I realise that you wish them to go altogether, I’d be happy to collect them all for distribution to other members once this lock down allows it."
That is a very kind offer Peter and much appreciated.

I need to dispose of the items ASAP since I will be moving home very soon and will not have room for them.

Peter, with regard to the posting by David G4EBT, I think this is a reasonable attitude to the current situation, and if you feel you could collect, the items could be placed in a large box on my driveway and we could easily maintain the 'Social Distancing' rule.
If you are willing to make the journey Peter, I'll send you my address details and contact number via PM.

I've attached photographs of 5 of the remaining items (just out of interest), to this post and you can see a photograph of the Sony MX12 Mixer here : https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...ding-131144051

Kind Regards to all.... and Stay Safe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Farnell PSU.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	206403   Click image for larger version

Name:	Twin PSU 1.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	206404   Click image for larger version

Name:	Twin PSU 2.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	206405   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shure Mic.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	206406   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony Radio.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	206407  

Old 21st May 2020, 6:03 pm   #14
AC/HL

Just to echo Graham's comment re generosity. Should make a few members happy!
Old 21st May 2020, 6:07 pm   #15
Reelman
Octode

PM about to be sent.
Peter.
Old 21st May 2020, 7:14 pm   #16
Reelman
Octode

Sorry Bill, you need to clear out some PMs to be able to receive anymore.

I’ve got your details so I’ll call you later.

Once I’ve spoken to Bill And made arrangements I’ll announce on the forum so we can arrange a distribution. I would prefer collection from me sooner rather than later but let’s see first who gets what.

Watch this space!

Peter
Old 21st May 2020, 8:22 pm   #17
stacman
Pentode

Hi Peter, If there is a power supply unit , could I be considered/hat, collection not an issue from Peter as I live in Sheffield not too far away from the M1/J33.
Regards, Alan.
Old 21st May 2020, 8:32 pm   #18
ekjdm14
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelman View Post
Once I’ve spoken to Bill And made arrangements I’ll announce on the forum so we can arrange a distribution. I would prefer collection from me sooner rather than later but let’s see first who gets what.

Watch this space!

Peter
Consider this space watched!

Cheers,
Old 21st May 2020, 11:20 pm   #19
PortugalTV
Tetrode

Hi everyone
I would be especially interested in buying the Vacuum tube voltmeter and maybe a frequency counter
i know its offered for free but i have been trying to buy one off of ebay but the prices are ridiculous so if no one is bothered by that i would happily pay some amount by it, the ideal situation would be that it could be shipped to me. Again i could pay something for the device plus shipping and handling, time wasted etc. i think it would still be cheaper for me than buying from ebay
i have a telequipment d67 scope here on the bench that was kindly offered from a member of this forum!i paid him the postage of course
Overhere its impossible to find this type of gear locally

if shipping overseas is an issue it could be shipped to Aylesbury to a relative of mine who could ship it back to me but that would bemore expensive for me

Last edited by PortugalTV; 21st May 2020 at 11:26 pm.
Old 21st May 2020, 11:56 pm   #20
Reelman
Octode

Right!
I am hoping to have collection and delivery of all the items to me on Tuesday. It has been agreed with Bill, the OP and he has further agreed that I can be the arbiter of who gets what. I will give preference to anyone who can collect from me (J33M1) in the near future or make practical arrangements. So, to be fair I am happy to receive requests for items from members until Saturday evening and then try and come up with a fair distribution using a hat if necessary. I suppose postage at cost for single items will be a last resort.

Presently these are the requests, perhaps Ekjdm14 will confirm what else he would like.....

1....Ekdm14, Wishiknewmore
2....Stacman, Wishiknewmore, Reelman
4....Reelman
5....LyntonP
6....LyntonP, Reelman
7....Deliverance, LyntonP
8....HamishBoxer, LyntonP
10...LyntonP, Wishiknewmore
11...Rogers-Lodger, LyntonP
12...Reelman

Any further requests or changes please PM me and I’ll put you on the list. Can all requesters (unless already PM’d) please confirm that they can collect or arrange transportation from me near J33M1.

I hope this all sounds ok....

Many thanks and good luck to all!

Peter
Closed Thread