UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18th May 2005, 10:38 pm   #1
Roy
Hexode

Default Hub locking devices - Truvox 100-series

Does anyone happen to have a spare pair of these locking devices from a 100-series tape deck (or any suggestions for alternatives)?

The locking device is in two parts: the plastic slotted collar which fits on the hub; and the chromed knob which screws down into the collar, expanding it to centre the spool and clamp it in place. I have attached photos of a lock from a 90-series machine - the 100-series should be very similar, apart from being tapped with a larger thread size (2BA).

I recently repaired one of these decks, but both hub locks were missing. Currently it is being used with makeshift locks (i.e. 2BA nuts holding the spools in place). They do the job but are inconvenient and keep getting dropped into the most inaccessible places. The genuine locks can be left on the hubs and just loosened to remove the spools.

Many thanks

Roy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hubloc.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	697   Click image for larger version

Name:	hub.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	698   Click image for larger version

Name:	fitted.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	699   Click image for larger version

Name:	spool.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	700  
Old 19th May 2005, 6:07 am   #2
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

Default Re: Hub locking devices - Truvox 100-series

Bit of a long shot but there is a seller on ebay selling just decks, I haven't seen if the centre locks are the same but it may be worth getting in contact

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

Also I have been offered other Truvox machines in the past, if you have no joy with this auction I will try and get hold of one from a friend but it may be another complete machine
Old 19th May 2005, 5:39 pm   #3
Roy
Hexode

Default Re: Hub locking devices - Truvox 100-series

Thanks, I had spotted those decks on Ebay - they have been there for a while, on and off. I have tried asking questions about them before, with little success. The hubs look completely different, so I don't think I will chance buying one to find out.

I don't really think it would be worthwhile to send a complete deck across the country just for the hub locks, as they are not absolutely essential to operate the machine. I just posted this request in the slight hope that someone might have one or two in the spares box.
Closed Thread