UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Mar 2023, 8:06 am   #1
its ur aerial
Hexode

Default PAT Testing home brew power supply.

What is the opinion of the Forum Members on PAT Testing a Home brew, 240 to 12 volt power power supply for use in a school environment.
It will be professionally made in a plastic enclosure and conform as a double insulated class II Appliance. It will obviously pass an electrical PAT test but not have any CE markings, is this relevant ?
I have had a quick look at the IET 4th guide for inspecting and testing of equipment and I cant see any reference to home constructed equipment.
Informed opinion most welcome.

Ken, G6HZG.
Old 17th Mar 2023, 10:35 am   #2
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: PAT Testing home brew power supply.

There is no reference to home constructed equipment because there is no discrimination between home constructed or constructed in a factory. You need the formal advice of a product regulations expert who is up to date on current legislation.

David