UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Feb 2021, 3:39 pm   #21

Default Re: Help with RS232 needed!

Quote:
it takes charge of the mouse which then zooms all over the screen with occasional button presses!
A very common thing, there is a setting in Windows to ignore the serial mouse https://paulhutch.blog/2019/06/24/di...use-detection/

Old 1st Mar 2021, 8:16 am   #22
majoconz
Heptode

Default Re: Help with RS232 needed!

Thanks for that, merlin, the Polstar now works very well through a NMEA0183 to USB converter. Now I want to get the Navman Tracker900 antenna working through the same converter - unfortunately it uses an old style PS2 keyboard connector and none of the wire colours match! The Navman did work originally with 5volts from the PS2 keyboard socket and a couple of wires into a USB socket but now I have to match three different colour codes of all the wiring. A couple of hours with a meter should come up with a solution - how many combinations of three times four wires can there be?

When this all gets solved we might go out and do a bit of fishing from my mates boat but it would be nice to know where we are - or were!

Last edited by majoconz; 1st Mar 2021 at 8:28 am.
Closed Thread