UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Aug 2015, 11:50 am   #1
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Default Ekco U332 Burnt back

Gary, I think it will be difficult to find an intact back for your set a case of, "one burnt , all burnt". Once you have reduced the heat in the set it is possible to graft a corner in off another set. Please search for "DAC90 Backs" plenty on the subject. Two slight problems, your back is thinner than most of the cards out there, and there is a rivet to remove from the metal frame. On the plus side the slots are a standard size & spacing.

Good luck with it, John.
Old 5th Aug 2015, 9:47 pm   #2
gary_crutchley
Heptode

Default Re: Ekco U332 Burnt back

Hi John,

Many thanks for the response, I appreciate it. I will look at the DAC90a threads.

Regards,

Gary
Old 5th Aug 2015, 10:07 pm   #3
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Default Re: Ekco U332 Burnt back

No its a DAC90 the two sets are very different, the "A" version do not suffer from burnt backs.

John.
Closed Thread