UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Feb 2005, 11:06 am   #1
David Godwin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Philips N4414

I have had this machine for some while, but it resided in a cupboard for several years, so suffered from lack of use.
I have managed to un-seize and re-lubricate the capstan motor, but the drive belts have, of course, perished.
Does anyone know a source for replacement.
Old 25th Feb 2005, 10:01 pm   #2
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

Default Re: Philips N4414

Hello,
Is this the one with a large drive belt? if so you can make one with a belt kit I have some belt material if your interested.
Old 28th Feb 2005, 9:49 am   #3
David Godwin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Philips N4414

Hi,
I would be interested, as it would be a shame to scrap the machine.
It's got two large belts - one for each spool.
Old 28th Feb 2005, 7:06 pm   #4
reelguy
Heptode

Wink Re: Philips N4414

David, You may be interested in a site in Germany,See Item 3875693569. Just enter the item number on Ebay in the search bar... Has belts for various Machines. It can be translated using Alta Vista. Approx 4 Euro's plus postage. Reelguy
Old 28th Feb 2005, 7:31 pm   #5
reelguy
Heptode

Thumbs up Re: Philips N4414

David , Further to my last post. Check out other post for Aiwa on Vintage website, Might be more useful. !!! Thanks to Mickjjo for that one on Donbergs site. Also Nickthedentist . Reelguy
Closed Thread