UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Jul 2017, 9:42 pm   #1
Ekcoman
Heptode

Default Ekco Collaro arm set down issue

Can anyone point me in the direction as to where to locate the set down screw adjustment on this Collaro deck as starting into the record rather than the arm dropping down on the run in of a disc. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EKCO RP329.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	146596  
Old 22nd Jul 2017, 9:20 am   #2
stumted2
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Ekco Collaro arm set down issue

Hi,
If you lift up the turntable mat (you do not have to remove it) you will find a hole in the turntable.
Rotate the turntable until the hole is pretty much in line with the tone arm support, and using a torch, look through the hole in the turntable, and rotate the turntable slightly clockwise or anti clockwise until you locate the setting down screw which is located in the cam gear.
Adjust this (slightly) to adjust your setting down position. You will find there is a loose feel to the adjustment screw midway between adjusting it clockwise and anti clockwise, but this is quite normal.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help, cheers,
Ted.
Old 22nd Jul 2017, 10:11 pm   #3
Ekcoman
Heptode

Default Re: Ekco Collaro arm set down issue

Thanks Ted. Found it, adjusted and sorted and even found in my box of spares an original Collaro Cartridge to replace the BSRX5M replacement that had been fitted. The Collaro Cartridges seem to fair well over time and output is excellent.
This web site always comes up with someone who can help. This time it was Ted who came to my rescue.
Ok moderator you can now close this thread. Thanks