UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Jan 2018, 2:00 pm   #1
defender
Pentode

Default 8 track tape foam strip

What does everyone use?
I looked on ebay but it's all from the US
Old 16th Jan 2018, 2:25 pm   #2
llama
Octode

Default Re: 8 track tape foam strip

Draught excluder has been suggested.
Graham
Old 16th Jan 2018, 2:25 pm   #3
Reelman
Octode

I’ve used foam draft excluder, it looked to me exactly the same substance as was already fitted. Don’t know if it is still available but it consists of white foam rubber with double sided tape on one side and a shiny transparent layer on the other. Best to clean the shiny side before using to insure there are no traces of adhesive.
Hardest part is removing the old strip.
All can be done without splitting the case.
Good luck,
Peter
Old 16th Jan 2018, 5:41 pm   #4
sp10mk11
Octode

I too use foam draft excluder which I get from a local DIY shop (a rarity I know) some times it is white and other times it has been brown.
I gave up on ebay as it was a very dense type of foam that was unsuitable as a pressure pad.
Opening some can be a nightmare but once you get used to the various designs they are not too bad, some even use plastic rollers rather than rubber.
Good luck
Gary
Closed Thread