UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Apr 2010, 1:50 pm   #1
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Some items I have which hopefully fit here...

A "rise and fall" ceiling light pulley set.

A bell indicator board- the indicators themselves are rather like relays in construction. I guess this could become a "success story" now when I get round to restoring its case.

Several nice wooden cased electric doorbells, one with a nice bronze bell shaped bell.

An antique barometer? Maybe not, there's no leccy bits inside but it looks good.

I'll have to find something complex enough for a good discussion about how to fix it now....
.........O..Chris....O
Old 28th Apr 2010, 5:52 pm   #2
PaulR
Dekatron

Default Re: Some items I have which hopefully fit here...

I have two chrome plated Swan coffee percolators of the type with the "fluted" sides. They are fairly late examples, being made in 1947 and 1949. They make great coffee and seem to have had very little use before I got them. I think they were a popular wedding present and many spent their lives unused in a cupboard.

I have had two previously. The first had been in the family from new in 1938 and the other was a much used example I bought at an antiques centre. Unfortunately the elements went in both of them and are now, of course, not available. I buy good examples when I see them in case the two working elements fail.

I also have 150, 200 and 300 series phones, but I am not sure whether they count.
Old 28th Apr 2010, 6:13 pm   #3
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
I also have 150, 200 and 300 series phones, but I am not sure whether they count.
They belong under vintage telephony and telecomms
Old 11th May 2010, 9:35 am   #4
Station X

Several posts relating to Servant Bell Boards (Annunciators) moved to a new thread here:-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=53972

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Closed Thread