UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Nov 2017, 4:06 am   #1
John Earland
Hexode

Default 332 handset connection

Hi, I have an old 332 phone and I want to remove the non original dial and simply put a blanking plate in. I’d like to use the phone as an extension without a dial. Howver, can anyone help me but suggesting how I can wire up the handset to the chassis because I won’t be connecting it to the dial?
Many thanks
John
Old 22nd Nov 2017, 6:11 am   #2
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Default Re: 332 handset connection

As far as I know the handset wiring (and the line wiring) remains unchanged. You remove the dial and the dial harness (from the terminal strip on the top of the chassis) and link terminals 4 and 5 of that terminal strip to complete the circuit now that the impulse contacts of the dial are no longer there.
Old 24th Nov 2017, 12:31 am   #3
John Earland
Hexode

Default Re: 332 handset connection

Thank you for that Tony-I’ll give it a try.
Thank you.
John
Closed Thread