UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Dec 2018, 2:54 pm   #1

Default Avo mk5 red rubber under cut-out button

Hello, does anyone know how tho change it and were to buy a bet one?

Thanks in advance

Old 26th Dec 2018, 4:48 pm   #2

Default Re: Avo mk5 red rubber under cut-out button

i mean a new one, sometimes my phone writes what it wants.

I have been looking the system, there is a plastic cover over the movement that also needs to be replaced, the cut out system works but there is a spring with a free end that i do not know if it is correct or where must be connected.

Old 27th Dec 2018, 12:08 am   #3
pmmunro
Octode

These rubber boots are set into a recess on the front panel and glued in place. To get access you need to pull off the three resistance range adjuster knobs and peel back the legend strip. Unfortunately, this will probably damage the legend strip but it is possible to make a new one with a suitable printer and the right material.

The boot moulding used to be readily available and came with replacement cut-out, reverse moving coil buttons and springs, Part No. 6120-595 "Reverse Moving Coil Knob and Spring Kit".
The boot was in the form of a flat rectangular base with two spouts rising vertically from the base. I don't know why the knobs and springs were supplied with the boot as usually they didn't seem to need to be replaced.

Now I think the best prospect would be a 3D print in a suitable elastomer compound.

PMM
Old 27th Dec 2018, 12:52 am   #4

Finally i take apart the 3 range adjuster knobs, and both printed circuit with the legend strip without breaking it. Folding the legend strip that is close to the movement against the other one, i got enough space to take apart the movement and the i took apart the spring that fits the cutout button. Then i simply cut with a sharp little scissors half of the rubber boots, enough to cover the body of the button. Noe everything is working perfectly.

Excuse my english, is very difficult for me to explain things like that due to lack of special vocabulary. i hope everybody could understand this.

Closed Thread