UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Sep 2014, 10:39 am   #1
Stevie342000
Hexode

Default Mullard E7556 valve voltmeter - info required

I have a Mullard (sometimes marketed as a Philips brand) E7556 valve voltmeter. It is similar in appearance to the E7555 in another thread but only up to 300 volts.

I have seen pictures of the Philips version in old tape magazines usually as part of a test rig set up.

I purchased it a number of years back on eBay, it is mint condition from memory the transformers inside are Partridge and many high stability resistors are in it as well.

Never fired it up been on the look out for information and a schematic or manual anything really.

Can anyone help?

thanks
Steve
Old 9th Sep 2014, 10:09 pm   #2
RogerWalker
Hexode

Default Re: Mullard E7556 valve voltmeter - info required

I have scanned the manual for the 7555/2 and you are welcome to have a copy - PM me with your e-mail address. I suspect it will be the same circuit but without the high voltage ranges, It is a beautiful item of test gear - always a delight to use!
Regards
Roger
Old 12th Sep 2014, 12:33 am   #3
Stevie342000
Hexode

Default Re: Mullard E7556 valve voltmeter - info required

Have sent you a PM, I suspect you're right that there will be little difference in the circuit, the rest I can figure out around the voltage selection switch.

I have to agree it is a very well made piece of kit, I have seen pictures of the Philips branded version and only one other model the same as mine that has come up on eBay. But then I have not been looking that hard.

Does yours have Partridge transformers and chokes in it? Pretty sure mine does, lots of the those pink close tolerance resistors, if I remember rightly.

Never even powered it up too afraid of doing any damage to it, should do the light bulb trick in series really. Must get things sorted out, so many projects so little time.
Closed Thread