UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Sep 2014, 10:09 pm   #1
delaitt
Pentode

Default Schematic for Barnes Dressen

Good Evening,

I've got a Dressen-Barnes Model 62-109 Regulated Supply i got from the NVCF.

it is a 2x300V 150mA power supply.

Unfortunately, one of the transformer is dead (looks like it over heated before i got it as the fuse was dead and seems melted inside the transformer). The other power supply seems to work but the regulating voltage is not working correctly. The regulating part is composed of a 12ax7 & 6au6 with 2 x 0a2 and one 5651. Possibly easy to fix but it would be easier with the schematic.

The regulated power supply is the same as http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-Dress...-/171239947767

I was wondering if someone would have the schematic by any chance?

BTW, each power supply has a 6146A and a 6BG6 in parallel. Looks like the original power supply was meant for two 6BG6. I assume that the 6146A does not make any harm except it has a slightly higher current for the heater than the 6BG6.

BTW, there is also a tiny glowing blue for a 10th of a second in the 6BG6 while powering it up (using a variac). Don't know if this is a feature or not!

Thanks

Thierry.