UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Dec 2011, 11:32 am   #61
WME_bill
Octode

Default Re: Enertec/Solartron/Schlumberger information.

CD1740. Latching push button switch arrays. There is a long strip under the metal frame which holds all the individual switch mechanisms, which slides to allow an individual switch to latch. It sounds as though that is sticking, due to dust. Difficult of access, so you may have to remove the whole row of switches from the front panel, no need to unsolder anything. The strip is above the individual switches on the YAmp, and below on the TB.

It sounds as though you will have to be prepared to do more than clean the switches and pots. If you want the Service Manual, also known as Technical Manual (as against Operating Manual), send me a PM, and I will scan it. I expect it will be over 25Mb, so will have to travel on a CD. Bill
Old 14th Dec 2011, 10:05 am   #62
scopedon
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Bill

Thank you for your interest. I have sent you a PM. Regards Don
Old 6th Feb 2012, 9:29 pm   #63
kamatik
Retired Dormant Member

Wink Re: Enertec5222 and Solartron CD1212 information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WME_bill View Post
I have scanned the manual for the CD1212, which is 12M, and really needs a CD to make sense of sending it. But as ZL1TQT is so far away in postal terms, perhaps he would send me his email address, by PM. Bill m0wpn
Hello,

Recently I was the lucky bidder of an oscilloscope Enertec 5222, which I desperately search the manual, and all associated docs. I found bits and pieces, here and there, but nothing complete. And I found your post: miracle!

Could you send it by mail? email address removed by moderator

I bought this scope because I have plans to get into the manufacture of a tube amp. It would be great. For my part, I am a network administrator, and if I can help you in any way, please do not hesitate.
cordially.

Last edited by Station X; 6th Feb 2012 at 9:51 pm. Reason: Emaill address removed. Send it via the Private Messaging system.
Old 3rd May 2012, 6:45 pm   #64
boiss
Pentode

Hi Bill,
Any chance of a circuit diagram of a CD1642 which is giving up the ghost on me or at least the sync is.
Cheers
Mike
Old 3rd May 2012, 9:44 pm   #65
WME_bill
Octode

Solartron CD1642 manual for "boiss" 3 May2012. I will have to scan the manual, so there will be some slight delay. I expect the files to be too large to post on the forum. Send me your email address by Private Message. Your comment about no trigger sounds ominous, as it uses a 5 ma tunnel diode 1N3716 or 1N3717. Never test a tunnel diode with an 0hmmeter, it will destroy it. I have posted data, alternatives and a simple test rig for them a couple of years back.
Come back if you want more information.
Enertec 5222 manual for "kamatik" 6 Feb. I am not sure if I have replied. The file is nearly 10Mb, so send me your email address by PM. Bill m0wpn
Old 5th May 2012, 6:11 pm   #66
boiss
Pentode

Hi Bill,
Changed some electrolitics on one board and also on the PSU. trigger works now on one channel after a fashion, but loses sync when regulating the brightness. Sent you a pm yesterday, thanks for your attention.
It whistles really well too, is this down to the laminations in the inverter transformer, What sort of frequency should it be, sounds like 2 or 3KHz?
Mike
Old 6th May 2012, 2:11 pm   #67
WME_bill
Octode

Solartron CD1642. Manual sent to your email address. I am intrigued that sync should fail when changing brightness. Suggests power supply regulation?
Let us know what you find to cure the problems. Only by people reporting can the rest of us learn.
I think I would agree with your suggestion that the power supply whistle is transformer laminations. Early scopes used these low frequencies. With ferrite cores and high frequency switching transistors, they soon moved up to 30khz. Presumably to give better efficiency, and to avoid the whistle.
I use an EMI/SELabs SM111 as my spare workshop scope. It seems very reliable, and has a marvellous trigger, and keeps working when all others have failed. But it has the famous piercing whistle, and so is very unpopular (undeservedly I think) on the second hand market. I have lagged around the PSU with fibreglass, and that and advancing years (of me) has made the whistle insignificant. Bill m0wpn
Old 7th May 2012, 2:54 am   #68
Refugee
Dekatron

Yet another manual request
Schlumberger 5218
Reason focus and power supply problem.
I also had a noisy mains transformer (awful repair)
It has been got at slightly too.
Old 7th May 2012, 5:15 pm   #69
WME_bill
Octode

Enertec 5218. I have nothing upon this model. Can you tell us something about it, plus a picture.
The only ones I have any information upon are the 5222 - 40Mhz, DT, Dtb, and 5216 - 120Mhz, DT, Dtb. Each is an entirely different design from the other.
I have a feeling that your question has been asked before, and nothing could be found for 5218, nor was a comparable model identified. Often these makers produced a family with different extra features every couple of years, and so once you had identified the family, you could get a lot of info from another of the same family. Philips were always doing this, and I seem to feel Enertec tended to do the same, even after they had been bought up by Schlumberger. Enertec were very much a French firm, so try any French friends. WME_bill m0wpn.
Old 7th May 2012, 6:24 pm   #70
boiss
Pentode

Hi Bill, Thanks for the doc.
So far I have changed all the electrolytics in the PSU apart from the 2 on the +/- 15V lines. Sync works but is still iffy and changes with the brightness.
I changed 2 of the caps on the sync board and now Y2 is clean. Will note which ones they were. Y1 still has PSU HF on it.
I changed the 4000uF temporarily for a much bigger one that I had (33000)
and it really cleaned up the main supply. (5V of ripple before). Will try to find a 4700uF one. Transformer has laminations, It wasn't noisy 40 years ago but started after a couple of years and just got worse and worse., I thought about dunking it in boiling wax ? It needs something that will seep in and dry out after a few days.
It used to work very well and I used it to make SW receivers, RC Txs up to 35MHz obviously with limited amplitude and lots of old TTL stuff.
I will note down what I change and the effects it has.
Thanks again.
Mike
Old 8th May 2012, 12:07 am   #71
Refugee
Dekatron

Here is the picture.
Lets see if we can at least match it. There is no way i can even work out the bandwidth let alone get the manual i need. It has been got at around the EHT and also the power supply blew up however i did manage to fix that.
The EHT generator has had something done to it to get round a problem in the power supply that i discovered when setting up after the second of the two repairs relating to a fuse blowing episode. An odd voltage zena diode was short circuit that did not cause the fuse issue.

The other issue i had with it was a very noisy power transformer. I soaked it in lacquer and left it to dry for several days a couple of times and that did no good.
I did in the end give up and removed the back of the chassis and all that wiring.
I then had to remove the transformer frame. This involved cutting the machine screws that held it together. The transformer was screwed together in such a way that the mounting frame was never held tight enough and that was the cause of the noise.
I added a thin bead of silicone rubber to the frame and screwed it up again taking care that none of the silicone came into contact with the coils.
It worked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4395.jpg
Views:	1027
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	66303  
Old 8th May 2012, 7:03 pm   #72
WME_bill
Octode

Enertec 5216 and 5218. for Refugee
I have found a 1981 catalogue, which suggests that these two are part of the same family, and so there may great similarities to the circuits.
The 5216 is 120Mhz, while the 5218 is 200Mhz. So the low voltage power supply is likely to be "beefier" to cope with the extra current on the Y Amplifier. However the EHT could well be the same, unless the tube is different.
I have scanned the Catalogue and Specifications, which comes to over 1Mb. The circuit diagrams for the Low voltage and High voltage Power comes to nearly 1Mb. All too large to post. If you send me your email address by PM, I will see what I can do.
Interesting your experience with the mains transformer assembly being loose. Thank you for the tip. WME_Bill m0wpn
Old 8th May 2012, 8:01 pm   #73
Refugee
Dekatron

I have sent a PM.
Old 3rd Aug 2012, 8:03 am   #74
qzertywsx
Diode

Good morning, do you now where I can find the manual and the schematic diagram of the Schlumberger 5229 500MHz oscilloscope?

Thanks for the help
Old 20th May 2013, 8:43 am   #75
JulienD84
Retired Dormant Member

Hi,

I'm looking for Enertec 5216 manuals and, if possible diagrams.
In a post, I've seen WME_bill shared this document.

Could you please send me these files. I've recently bought this scope and there are some display problems I can't solve (see attached pics).
I hope there will be some explanation in the manual or diagram that allow me to fix it.

Thank you in advance.
Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0236.jpg
Views:	806
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	79979   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0235.jpg
Views:	1115
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	79980  
Old 20th May 2013, 12:27 pm   #76
WME_bill
Octode

Enertec 5216. From your pictures, it looks like the bright-up circuit has failed. I attach the circuit diagram of the EHT supply/ brightup and also the explanation from the manual. It is not an easy circuit to understand.
As this is similar to the modulator and rectifier principle used in the Cossor 4000/ CDU120 /CDU150 discussion, you may like to look at that thread, although that uses a separate multivibrator oscillator, rather than taking the pulses from the EHT transformer.
I have the rest of the circuits, but at 4.7Mb, it is too large to post. Send your email by Private Message if you want it. The manual is even larger, and would have to be a CD.
wme_bill m0wpn
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 5216_PSU and EHT circuits-wm.pdf (846.1 KB, 556 views)
File Type: pdf Enertec5216_explanation of brightup.pdf (103.5 KB, 526 views)
Old 21st May 2013, 8:01 pm   #77
Philips210
Nonode

Hi Bill.

I don't suppose you have any service information on the Solartron EM1616 Frequency Counter by any chance?

Regards
Symon.
Old 21st May 2013, 10:29 pm   #78
WME_bill
Octode

Solartron EM1616. No information. With that model number, I assume it is made by Enertec. So try any French friends you may have, as Enertec information is very scarce indeed this side of the channel. wme_bill.
Old 9th Jul 2013, 2:44 pm   #79
Israel-bcn
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WME_bill View Post
Enertec 5216.
I have the rest of the circuits, but at 4.7Mb, it is too large to post. Send your email by Private Message if you want it. The manual is even larger, and would have to be a CD.
Hi. I am very interested in the manual and diagrams of Enertec 5216.

It would be possible to obtain such documentation?

Best regards
Old 10th Jul 2013, 12:21 pm   #80
WME_bill
Octode

Enertec 5216. For Israel-bcn. Your request appears three times, within 3 minutes. This is very encouraging, as I thought it was only me with ten thumbs on a keyboard. You will I am afraid have to send me a Private Message with your email if you want the circuit diagrams, and your postal address if you want the whole manual on a CD.
As I see you are a new member, you may have to ask the Moderator's to allow you to send a PM as there are restrictions until you become known. wme_bill m0wpn
Closed Thread