UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 9th Oct 2020, 10:10 pm   #1
Triple M
Triode

Default Yaesu FT200/FP200 cables

Recently obtained a tidy FT200 and matching FP200 PSU/Speaker.
Unfortunately the PO's wife got rid of the interconnecting cable and ACC plug.
So looking for a cable set, or the plugs/socket to make my own.

Any clues as to where i can find a Yaesu NOS set?

Glenn
G0HPS
Triple M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2020, 8:16 am   #2
dodgy-dxer
Hexode

Default Re: Yaesu FT200/FP200 cables

Hi Glenn

These do come up occasionally on eBay but for the power connectors mostly in the US version, someone used to sell kits of parts. I haven't looked in a long time

The ACC plug is the same accross most Yaesus of that era so easier to find in UK. It only needs 1 link to get the PA filaments lit so can be done with some stiff wire.

Patience will be required for the power cable

GL 73
Fred G4BWP
dodgy-dxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2020, 8:18 am   #3
trh01uk
Octode

If you search on Ebay for "11 pin Yaesu" (without the quotes) you will find some offerings - both male and female - which might be what you want - though you will also have to find a suitable multi-way cable. Prices are frightening though by the time you include the postage - hope you got a substantial discount off the radios for losing key parts of them!

Richard

P.S. Isn't "NOS" a tall order for something this old?
trh01uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jan 2021, 10:24 pm   #4
Triple M
Triode

Thanks for the comments, I managed to find a set of 11 pin octal plugs and sockets, plus some 11 core cable, just started to make my own umbilical, but the law of s*d interrupted with a complete set of cable, and 3 spare heater plugs! on ebay. went for a bit more than i planned, but at least the rig is now operational.
Just got to find a couple of xtals now for the full 10m band - 42.5 and 43.5mhz (28.0 - 28.5 and 29.0 - 29.5mhz) if anyone has any?

Glenn
Triple M is offline   Reply With Quote