UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Feb 2020, 7:18 pm   #1
dgw2020
Diode

Default UAX Group Selector

Hi all, I have acquired a UAX Group Selector which I am trying to get working. I have connected 48DC +ve to U11 and -ve to U12. Earth is in TJ11, tele into TJ3&4. These details were from searching the net, you tube etc.

When I pick up the phone relays A & B operate and A pulses the dialled number. If I hold in relay CD the selector steps with the dialled number and when I release CD it returns home.

What am I missing to get the selector to step automatically?
Thanks in advance.
Old 24th Feb 2020, 8:29 pm   #2
Pellseinydd
Heptode

Default Re: UAX Group Selector

What is the number of the diagram which is usually on a small paper label underneath the selector if you turn it upside - should be AT/ATW.... I've got virtually all the UAX diagrams for UAX5, UAX12/13 and 14.

Ian J
Old 25th Feb 2020, 10:20 am   #3
dgw2020
Diode

Hi Ian, It's ATW600680. This is the site I'm using as a source of info: https://electricsteam.tumblr.com/pos...ing-a-strowger

Thanks very much.
Old 26th Feb 2020, 11:36 pm   #4
Pellseinydd
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgw2020 View Post
Hi Ian, It's ATW600680. This is the site I'm using as a source of info: https://electricsteam.tumblr.com/pos...ing-a-strowger

Thanks very much.
That's a version of the UAX13 produced once 'Subscriber Trunk Dialling' was introduced. It replaced earlier version of STD group selectors in that its vertical marking bank could be strapped up so it could be used in both pre-STD exchanges and ones modified/equipped for STD. I've managed to find the relevant diagrams - I've a couple of cabinets of UAX diagrams/diagram ntes, wiring specifications etc goin back as far as the 1920 - not only have I got the GPO's diagrams for my 1929 UAX5 but I've got all the manufacturers diagrams/information - thanks to the BT Museum auction in 2002!.
I'll PM them all to you as they run to quite a few. Luckily I got my new printer/scanner that will do up to A3 going today. Covers 'foolscap' which earlier GPO diagrams/diagram nots were but the old 'imperial' equivalent is larger than A3

regards

Ian J
CNet 0352 2345
MR ETD 053-6278
Closed Thread