UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 24th Feb 2020, 3:47 pm   #1
Oldcodger
Nonode

Default Old DECT manuals

over the years I've acquired a few old DECT handsets. I've found that one of the older BT( diverse 10010/1001) ones will register on my BT2200 BASE and found use again as an upstairs handset. But the base station power unit has failed and as it's full of surface mounts it's now passed it's shelf life. But the phone soldiers on and I'm now trying to register it to my 2200 base with new batteries.
Handbook- it's taken the path all handbooks in this house do take- some "safe" place .
I did manage to download a 2001 manual which let me register the 1001 with the 2200, but I can't find the download.
So has anyone got a copy of the 1001/2001 manual which refers to the registration process ?
Old 24th Feb 2020, 4:57 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Old DECT manuals

Nice phones, but well over 20 years old now and genuinely rare "in the wild". I think a single phone and base cost nearly £200 when they came out so I can see why you're reluctant to discard. They had a set at the first practice I worked at in 1998, and I was blown away by how well they worked compared with the Uniden/Tandy/BT Freeway analogue rubbish I was used to.

I've got the manuals for the 1010 and 2000. Any use?

Note that one of the 1xxx series phones was DECT but not GAP so you couldn't link it to other systems.

Nick.

P.S. I think you've got some interchanged digits in your model numbers somewhere

Last edited by Nickthedentist; 24th Feb 2020 at 5:12 pm.
Old 24th Feb 2020, 5:44 pm   #3
Oldcodger
Nonode

Nick-interchanged numbers- possibly. on reflection( trouble is that type number was on base -long gone to exchange in sky), I think the newer one was a 2010 , but my old 1XXX still sees and responds to the 2200.
i've put up a photo of the old cordless in case anyone remembers it .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	diverse cordless.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	199645  
Old 24th Feb 2020, 5:59 pm   #4
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

That is a 1xxx series one.
Old 24th Feb 2020, 6:00 pm   #5
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Here's the manual for the 1010. Copyright 1996!

Not sure whether this was one of the non-Generic Access Profile ones though.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Diverse 1010.pdf (353.0 KB, 84 views)
Old 24th Feb 2020, 7:06 pm   #6
paulsherwin

The standard technique with a GAP enabled setup is to navigate the handset menu to reset/clear any pairing, then press a button on the base station to put it into pairing mode, then navigate the handset setup to tell it to pair. The terminology varies between manufacturers and models.

You sometimes have to press the base station button for 10 or 20 seconds.
Old 25th Feb 2020, 2:53 pm   #7
Oldcodger
Nonode

Thanks, Nick- having problems at moment trying to get into that file. I've found a 2010 manual on line and from memory it's similar to the one I used before, though I remember it took a few attempts to get them to talk to each other. Will give it a try and see what happens.
Thanks, Paul- I still remember having nightmares with this 1010 when I came back to telecomms installing systems. A lot of the time the answer was to call up the BT helpline.
Old 25th Feb 2020, 5:55 pm   #8
Oldcodger
Nonode

Nick- for some reason, I've now got a lot of 1010 downloads. Many thanks, I'll try the advice and report.
Old 2nd Mar 2020, 5:12 pm   #9
duncanlowe
Nonode

I had two of those, one answering machine version, the other just a handset. When I updated, they went to work, and were 'lost' in office moves. But the manuals only went a few weeks ago, without me thinking at all they were of interest. Sorry.

I do remember an issue with them. Once a few years old, when we got a call, the phone would ring once, and then stop. After one of these calls, we were told later that the caller (a friend of ours) could hear everything we were saying even though we hand't answered the call. Turns out the battery contacts to the PCB inside the handset had gained some resistance, so when the ringer started, the extra current draw caused enough volt drop to cause the handsets circuit to think it had been removed from the charger and answer it while still on the base. A bit of contact cleaner fixed that. The only other issue I recall is they ate rechargeable batteries!
Old 2nd Mar 2020, 5:20 pm   #10
Oldcodger
Nonode

Many thanks- duncan. I'm still trying out registration with this HS to th new one. i know it will, but it could be password. Only time wil tell .
Old 8th Apr 2020, 9:50 pm   #11
Oldcodger
Nonode

Remembering that the registration procedure given in the 2010 worked, I tried to register the handset to a 2200 base, but got sidetracked with Swimbo needing help with something else. A day or two later ,I found that the handset had registered to the 2200 base ,called internally and operates as a second phone on the system. Only problem is that the old 2010 base is faulty.
So post can now be locked. Thanks to those offering help.
Closed Thread