UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Jul 2016, 6:58 pm   #1
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Default Dual C812 cassette deck needs rebuild

Hello everyone. I got this cassette deck today which is in bad shape. 3 belts were missing but I replaced those. The cassette mechanism is loose and the piano keys won't press down. The lamps in the VU meters are blow and three levers are missing from the unit and I don't know where they are supposed to go but I have these in the last pic. I think these levers operate the record/play slide switch located on the circuit board.
Any help would be appreciated!

Fivos
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	127912   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	127913   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	127914   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	127915   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	127916  

Old 28th Jul 2016, 7:12 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Dual C812 cassette deck needs rebiuld

Dual made a number of very good budget decks around 1980 - I use a C814 as part of my main hifi system.

However, if the mechanism has been dismantled and reassembled incorrectly, you will need the service manual to sort things out. At least it will be a good opportunity to clean and regrease all the moving parts.

There is no magic solution to this - you will simply need to reassemble the mechanism using an exploded diagram, and hope that no parts are missing.
Old 28th Jul 2016, 10:57 pm   #3
camtechman
Nonode

Default Re: Dual C812 cassette deck needs rebuild

There are several places offering the service manual for your machine, just search on Google.