UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Oct 2020, 11:48 am   #21
chriswood1900
Octode

Default Re: Fablon

I also have used Fablon and similar over the years to refurbish poor finishes particularly on the TVs with painted fake wood.
As Trevor found its certainly better than binning a perfectly good working set.
Old 20th Oct 2020, 6:49 pm   #22
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Fablon

I'm not a fan of the 'patterned" Fablon™ or other sticky-backed-plastics - but I do note that my local @Tesco has been selling-off rolls of 'transparent book-cover film' - originally £1 - now marked-down to 25p.

I've just used a hank of this to stick-down the frequency-to-channel-numbering plan on the top of my Pye F290 base-station [which has a MX290-series radio and a homebrew CTCSS-injector inside].
Closed Thread