UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Old 13th Feb 2024, 11:15 am   #1
Malcolm T
Hexode

Default Xperimental board connectors help reqd

I have looked at SIL turned connectors for 2.54mm pitch for use in strip veroboard and the s-dec boards, however i cannot find out the internal diameter of the holes in the connector . And does anyone sell plug in connector leads to fit these SIL connectors ?.
Any help appreciated please.
Malcolm T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2024, 8:33 pm   #2
Chrispy57
Hexode

Default Re: Xperimental board connectors help reqd

Hi Malcolm - is this what you have in mind?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291954672...Bk9SR9CklNu3Yw

Cheers
Chris
Chrispy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2024, 5:59 am   #3
Mark1960
Octode

If you mean the turned pin ic socket strips the matching male pins are 0.5mm diameter. I don’t think they are available in cable mount style.
Mark1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2024, 12:14 pm   #4
Malcolm T
Hexode

Yes i have seen the leads with a pin at each end to fit the ubiquitous S-Dec board.

I looked at the SIL connectors and there is a myriad of choices however these may fit the S-Dec hole spacing and diameter.
I measured the hole spacing on the vero board and it is also 2.54mm so it looks like a useful connector to have in a single in line connector strip to cut at a chosen length.
As for pins for the SIL not sure yet , it takes a lot of trolling through suppliers .
Malcolm T is offline   Reply With Quote