UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 28th Apr 2012, 4:00 pm   #1
The General
Hexode

Default Ultra V1763 TV in Milton Keynes

Hi all,
There's a rather nice Ultra V1763 in GDads Collectables for £35. Their premises are at the wharf on Old Wolverton Road, Old Wolverton. (down the lane at the side of the Galleon pub). Can't see too much of it as it's on a shelf surrounded by stuff but the cabinet still has its high gloss finish.
I don't have any connection with GDads but I do have their permission to post this here.
P.S. take a walk along the canal towpath up to the iron trunk aqueduct while you're there.
Cheers,
Mark.
Old 3rd May 2012, 4:03 pm   #2
M0AFJ, Tim
Hexode

Default Re: Ultra V1763 TV in Milton Keynes

Been wanting an excuse to go in there. Keep walking past on the other side of the canal with the dog..

Saturday morning ferret I think.

Tim M0AFJ/G8GGP, Wolverton
Old 18th May 2012, 7:04 am   #3
Victoria Haviland
Retired Dormant Member

would this tv be able to be connected to a dvd player with aurora standards converter to show black and white animation?
Old 18th May 2012, 2:04 pm   #4
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Hi Victoria
I wouldn't be tempted by that - a good buy for us, but we'd be interested in restoring it. It would be like buying a car that's been sitting in a garage unused for twenty years - it wouldn't work!
Best to see if someone on the forum can loan you a renovated set and a converter as suggested in your other thread and you could be confident of it working - the last thing you'd want is for it to fail during your exhibition!
Hope you find something
Glyn
Closed Thread