UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Nov 2019, 11:58 am   #1
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Exclamation 'On the Air'-The Broadcasting Museum

Leafing through a 1996 issue of a magazine called 'Yesterday', I came across an article with the tile as in this thread. The museum is/was located in Bridge Street, Chester, and I wonder, does anyone know if it still exists? The article describes 'On the Air' as being 'A Private Museum dedicated to the history of British radio & TV Broadcasting', and, from the article, it sounds like a place that would be of interest to forum members. The Proprietor was a dealer and collector by the name of Steve Harris, not a name which rings any bells with me.
Old 7th Nov 2019, 12:16 pm   #2
Nymrod121
Nonode

Default Re: 'On the Air'-The Broadcasting Museum

http://www.vintageradio.co.uk/htm/about.htm

Last seen in person at the Defford Airfield Heritage Society museum - last year, I think.

Guy
Old 7th Nov 2019, 1:39 pm   #3
newlite4
Octode

Default Re: 'On the Air'-The Broadcasting Museum

Steve is normally present at BVWS events and has a very impressive stall at the NVCF each year, he always has "top end" items for sale. I believe that Alexei Sayle the comedian is his cousin.
Neil