UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Mar 2019, 10:35 am   #1
GrahamN
Hexode

Default Radiophile Auctions - 2019

I have just been given the dates for the following Radiophile auctions at Gnosall.

19th May 2019

23rd June 2019

20th October 2019

8th December 2019

I don't yet have any dates for Cowbit.

Graham
Old 20th Mar 2019, 12:51 pm   #2
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: Radiophile Auctions - 2019

Added to the calendar
Old 20th Mar 2019, 12:53 pm   #3
Boater Sam
Banned

Location: Middlewich, Cheshire, UK. & Winter in the Philippines.

Thanks Graham.
I should be able to attend the first 3.
Sam.
Old 8th Apr 2019, 6:53 pm   #4
GrahamN
Hexode

Another date - 9th June 2019 for an auction at Cowbit.

Thanks
Old 8th Apr 2019, 8:23 pm   #5
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

I know these things can't always be helped Graham but I thought Rob Rusbridge [although independent] was on the Radiophile Team re his articles for the mag etc. His auction is also on the 9th of June and has been booked in for a while It's an unfortunate clash perhaps?

Dave
Old 8th Apr 2019, 9:05 pm   #6
GrahamN
Hexode

Thanks Dave - I wasn't aware of the clash. I'll talk to Chas to see if there's anything he can do. I know that he usually arranges Cowbit auctions to coincide with a holiday in the area, but it doeasn't seem to make much sense having two auctions on the same day.

I'll update here once I've spoken to Chas.
Old 8th Apr 2019, 10:17 pm   #7
dave walsh
Dekatron

OK Graham. I think that could be a great help. He has gained praise for attempting to do auctions north and south to provide a service all the way up from Cornwall+pasties. Progress seems to have been a bit slow but he is patient in building things up with good humour. People who attended have found bargains! In the North he's around Preston and South was going to be High Wycombe but those two [out of a total of four for this year] seem to have let him down. Ironically I have relatives in Bicester and nearby High Wycombe but I hope to make the Northern venue in June [further details on this section readers]. I should say that I don't know Rob personally but I like his style. A true individual-like Chas!

Dave
Old 9th Apr 2019, 8:20 am   #8
Hoveradio
Pentode

I think, more importantly the 8th December Radiophile date clashes with the BVWS Wootton Bassett event.
John
Old 9th Apr 2019, 11:34 am   #9
GrahamN
Hexode

I've spoken to Chas, and apparently the dates the halls were available were extremely limited. In the end the dates chosen were the best compromises that Chas could make. The fact that the 2 clashing auctions are quite a distance away (Cowbit / Preston & Gnosall / RWB) means that the overlap of people who would go to both is very small.
Old 9th Apr 2019, 2:44 pm   #10
dave walsh
Dekatron

Thanks Graham. Its not unusual for "same day" events to occur and I appreciate that venues seem to be more limited these days! It was just the conjunction between Rob and yourselves that puzzled me. Things seem to be changing overall as well on the, local, auction front as everyone gets older and the emphasis shifts!

Dave
Old 12th Apr 2019, 6:15 pm   #11
RobRusbridge
Retired Dormant Member

I don't mind the Cowbit event being on the same day as my Great North Folly at Chorley. To drive from Chorley to Cowbit is about a day's work, so I think it's very unlikely very many people will find themselves in a dither as to which way to go. Anyone who lives about half way will probably decide either event is too far away to bother with.

Anyway, I am feeling quite secure about it all. They don't have proper Cornish Pasties at Cowbit.
Old 17th May 2019, 8:43 am   #12
YoungManGW
Hexode

Is the Radiophile auction at Gnosall on this Sunday, 19 May, please? Many thanks.
Regards,
Richard

Last edited by YoungManGW; 17th May 2019 at 8:57 am.
Old 17th May 2019, 9:31 am   #13
Boater Sam
Banned

Location: Middlewich, Cheshire, UK. & Winter in the Philippines.

Yes, indeed it is. See you there, Sam.
Old 19th May 2019, 4:36 pm   #14
YoungManGW
Hexode

An agreeable day at Gnosall. Mostly military sets and equipment, sold pretty cheaply, and valves, some of the more desirable single instances of which went for good money. Absence of incipient fisticuffs this time a disappointment, but perhaps fewer items and attendees this time, both serving to reduce confusion. A certain amount of surliness at entry, with surprise expressed that one might wish for a bidding number, but overall a fun half day. Many thanks to the volunteers, exercised by all those boat anchors.
Regards,
Richard
Old 24th Jul 2019, 9:18 am   #15
GrahamN
Hexode

Default Radiophile Auction - 15th September 2019

I've just been notified by Chas that a new auction date has just been added. The next auction will be at Cotes Heath ST21 6RS on Sunday 15th September 2019.

I understand that several hundred lots are so far allocated, but please contact Brian Pallister if you want to add lots to the auction (contact details on www.radiophile.co.uk)

Thanks

Graham
Old 24th Jul 2019, 1:01 pm   #16
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: Radiophile Auction - 15th September 2019

Added to the calendar.
Old 24th Jul 2019, 2:07 pm   #17
M6SPW1974
Pentode

Default Re: Radiophile Auction - 15th September 2019

Nice one Graham , Chas did say to me at the last Gnosall auction that there would be one this month,but i did think to myself that it was all very short notice etc,think we can all wait a little for the next hoard of goodies as he did also tell me that there was x5 times as much radio equipment to be dispersed at the auctions yet as the chap was quite a hoarder it seems which explains the x700 lots at the next auction as you mentioned.

Hope the Telefunken receiver turned out well ,

I got the x2 HRO's both fully up & running again that i bought at Gnosall,just re-capped them both and jobs a good un now.

Regards,Shaun,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	67155260_10156127410057260_1278382073463177216_o.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	187259  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 6:24 pm   #18
AC/HL
Dekatron

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/....php?p=1167260

In view of the sad announcement of Chas's death, I'll close this thread.
Old 16th Aug 2019, 4:23 pm   #19
GrahamN
Hexode

Default Radiophile Auctions

I have just spoken to Jo Miller and she has asked me to let people know that the Radiophile auctions already planned for this year will be going ahead.

She has received multiple offers of help, and in view of the large number of items to sell she has decided to carry on with the auctions until further notice.

Graham
Old 17th Aug 2019, 11:44 am   #20
AD360 Rob
Hexode

I am available on all remaining dates to provide a P.A. system if required. Also to help out in the kitchen. I'm not much use for portering due to a dodgy hip but willing to have a go.
Closed Thread